Attention Canadian Travellers!! Thinking of taking the family to South Carolina? Myrtle Beach, South Carolina wants to celebrate 56 Years of rolling out the red carpet to Canadian visitors like yourselves with steep discounts to help offset the cost of exchanging Canadian dollars to American. The Myrtle Beach Can-Am Days promotion runs from January 1 to April 30, 2017. Resorts, hotels, and local attractions will be offering savings from 25 – 55% off, and all you have to do is present your valid Canadian ID! Special offers on family-friendly attractions like GTS Theater, WonderWorks or Soar+Explore Combo Tickets, and the Hollywood Wax Museum are just the beginning! It is wise to check and recheck www.visitmyrtlebeach.com for new and updated offers.
The culmination of Can-Am Days is the 56th annual Canadian-American Festival which lasts just one week – March 11 – 19, 2017 – but select Myrtle Beach area hotels, merchants and attractions are offering discounts from January right until the end of April, 2017. These discounts are designed to help Canadians “make up” the difference in the Canadian exchange rate.
“We have seen a growing number of Canadian visitors to the Myrtle Beach area, especially in the past decade,” said Keith Pierce, public relations strategist for the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB. “The late winter and early spring seasons offer mild weather, more affordable accommodations and more elbow room at area attractions. The special promotions for our Canadian neighbors provide even more incentive by bridging the gap in the exchange rate.”
Some of the offers include:
- Ocean Creek Resort – offering up to a 55% discount on stays of 7 nights or longer
- Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, Captain’s Quarters Resort and Hotel BLUE – offering Canadian visitors up to a 50% discount on stays of 7 nights or longer
- Sea Watch Resort – offering up to a 50% discount special on stays of 7 nights or longer
- Caravelle Resort and Landmark Resort – offering up to a 48% discount special on stays of 7 nights or longer
- Sun N Sand Resort – offering special weekly rates for Canadian visitors
- DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront – offering 20% off best available rate
The following properties are making the long trip a little easier with a $100 gas credit plus a $10 daily credit toward breakfast at on-site restaurants:
- Anderson Ocean Club & Spa
- Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
- Camelot by the Sea Resort
- Carolinian Beach Resort
- Ocean Park Resort
- The Patricia Grand
- WonderWorks Myrtle Beach – offering 30% off admission or Soar+Explore combo ticket
- Pelicans Baseball – fans can save up to $4 per ticket on Myrtle Beach Pelicans tickets
- The Calvin Gilmore Theater – offering $15 tickets for The Time Warp Show with purchase of tickets to The Carolina Opry
- The Market Common – offering free “perks” book worth hundreds in savings
***Special offers will continue to be added on the Can-Am promotions page where more detailed information, as well as restrictions, will be posted***
About Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Stretching from Little River to Pawleys Island and comprising 12 distinct communities, the Myrtle Beach area is home to 96 kilometers of sandy beaches, an assortment of entertainment and awesome family attractions and world-class golf. Popularly known as the Grand Strand, the Myrtle Beach area presents the quintessential vacation experience peppered with plenty of Southern hospitality that your family will be sure to love!
For more information on the Myrtle Beach area, visit www.visitmyrtlebeach.com or call (888) Myrtle-1.
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.