Happy weekend Halifax! This is the last weekend before school ends, and also the last weekend before the big Canada Day Celebrations next weekend. That doesn’t mean it’s a quiet one though. We’ve got plenty of great family events in Halifax you.
1. Get FREE Products with Sampler: There’s a brand new offer from Family Fun Canada. We’ve partnered with a company called Sampler, which sends you FREE food samples in the mail. This week it looks like peanut butter and stock cubes, but if you stay in touch, you’ll get lots of lovely free stuff, based on your preferences. Let us know how you fare!
2. Go Full Circle: It’s a great weekend for the Full Circle Festival in the Annapolis Valley. If you don’t have tickets yet, check their website for a wait list.
3. Canada Day Kickoff at Dartmouth Crossing: The whole family is invited for a pre-Canada day celebration at Dartmouth Crossing this Saturday evening. The event includes free entertainment and fireworks.
4. Sackville Patriot Days: Sackville Patriot Days begin this Saturday and continues through next weekend. You can check our listing for a handy printable PDF with the entire schedule. – Check with venue in case of rain.
5. Dance Party with Poppy Troll and Elsa: Our top Sackville pick? The dance party with Princess Poppy Troll and the Ice Queen Elsa, who will be face painting, story-telling and taking pictures on Saturday. POSTPONED because of rain.
6. Hubbards Beach Party: If you feel like getting out of town, grab a patch of sand at the Hubbards Beach Party this Saturday, hosted by Suniela. Hear live music from local talent, sample delicious food from local vendors.
7. Downtown: The Halifax Road Train: Choo! Choo! Hali the road train is Halifax’s newest transportation icon. (Rumour has it that Theodore is a little jealous) You can ride Hali every day this summer, for a suggested donation of $2 -$5.
8. Drink Apples in the North End: Our editor has been moonlighting again. This time, she’s found an incredible new urban cidery and restaurant in Halifax. Bring the whole family to the patio, or get out for a refreshing date night. #drinkmoreapples
Have a great weekend, families!
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.