Saturday June 17, 2017 is the fourth annual Neighbour Day in Calgary! Get involved and help us celebrate our strong community spirit. The City of Calgary encourages you and your neighbours to get together, whether its to have a party, complete a project, or just say “Hi” for the first time!
The City of Calgary wants to make this as easy as possible by waiving the fee for block party permits, park venue booking fees and providing you the tools you need to get started
Not sure how to celebrate? Here’s a list of ideas to help get you started:
• host a block party on your residential street
• have a neighbourhood picnic at a local park
• host a neighbourhood potluck or front yard BBQ
• host afternoon tea in your backyard
• host an event with a Canada 150 theme
• organize a parade of lawn parties
• hold a street chalk drawing competition
• grab a Litter Cleanup Kit, get together and tidy up your park or natural area
• help your neighbour with their spring cleaning or gardening
• make up your own way to celebrate your community spirit in Calgary
Visit calgary.ca/NeighbourDay to start planning your event. This page has lots of resources to help you plan your event! Also, check with your local Community Association to see if they can offer you any assistance and ideas!
Neighbour Day 2017 Details:
When: Saturday June 17, 2017
Where: Your Neighbourhood!
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.