Life is stressful and incredibly uncertain right now. Yes, I realize that’s an understatement. I don’t know about you, but it seems like the perfect time for a dose of Disney Magic! While the Disney Parks around the world are closed, the Disney Parks Blog has stepped up with a daily dose of virtual pixie dust to bring us moments of the happiest place on earth. Create little moments of your own Disney Magic at Home whenever you need to escape.
Some of our favourite snacks are from Disney Parks. I know that eating a Dole Whip in my living room won’t be the same as enjoying that cool, creamy delight with the excitement of Adventureland all around me, but I’ll take it! My kids LOVE the churros at the park and my youngest will always remember a Cast Member giving her a free churro one evening when she was getting overtired and upset.
- Dole Whip Recipe
- Churro Bites Recipe
- Blue Bayou’s Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Easy Mickey Pretzels
- Cars Mac and Cheese Cones
- Disneyland Harbour Gallery Lobster Roll
- Big Thunder Ranch S’mores Bake
- Mickey Mouse Beignets
- PB&J Milkshake from 50’s Prime Time Cafe
- The Kitchen Sink Sundae from Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
Disney has some wonderful online activities out there right now. My daughter jumped right into the Imagineering in a Box program; it’s great for older kids who want to design and create. There are Disney storytimes, drawing lessons, and lots more, too.
- Create a theme park with Imagineering in a Box
- Learn how to animate with Pixar in a Box
- Draw With Disney
- Virtual Rides
- Disney Shows from Tokyo Disney Resort
- Onward: new ebook and activities
- Walk through Disneyland with Google Street View
- Listen to Disney Stories
- Listen to the Dapper Dans
- See if you can virtually escape the Magic Kingdom escape room
- The Lion King Experience Virtual Theatre Curriculum
- Watch the new Magic Happens parade from Disneyland
- Get educational with these activity sheets
- More interactive experiences, trivia, and play can be found on the app
- Disney Adventures at Home
- Choose Your Adventure and Create YOUR Disneyland Day
- Create Main Street USA with Disney Paper Parks Part 1 (Click through for links to more parts.)
Don your princess dresses and your Marvel superhero might. Channel both your resourcefulness and your whimsy. Who knows what’s around the corner? But we’re safe at home and on my next grocery store adventure, I will be buying the ingredients to make a Dole Whip and churro bites and then curling up on the couch to watch the Magic Happens parade!
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever.” Walt Disney
While you’re virtually on vacation, check out some other attractions in Orlando!
Disney Magic at Home:
Looking for more tips on how to keep your kids occupied during the COVID-19 crisis? Find our best ideas, activities and inspiration here!
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.