Summer is here! How are you going to fill your days? You’ll never run out of ideas with our 100 days of summer family fun checklist! Enjoy our fair city at its best! How many of these can you do with your family before we run out of summer?
100 Days of Summer Family Fun Checklist:
1. From the flapjacks to the fireworks, spend a whole day celebrating Canada Day!
2. Stake put your space on the sidewalk for the K-Days Parade
3. Cool off at one of the City spray parks
4. Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Moon landing at the TELUS World of Science Edmonton!
5. Check out one of the Valley Zoo‘s summer Special Event Days
6. Explore a new playground! These ones are worth the drive.
7. Discover your new favourite food at Edmonton Heritage Festival
8. Enjoy an outdoor movie; or you can do it yourself!
9. Fringe! (and don’t forget to KidsFringe!)
10. Register for Kids Bowl Free and go bowling
11. Enjoy seven weeks of new crafts at Michaels Camp Creativity!
12. Make a meal from ingredients you found at a local farmers market
13. Get out to learn about nature with an expert at Family Nature Nights!
14. Swimming! Outdoors! It’s free in 2019.
15. Take a family Play-cation to Calaway Park
16. Kids 11 and under get in free with a ticket holding adult at Folk Fest
17. Cultivate a love of Shakespeare with the Freewill Players
18. Grab a free slushy treat on Free Slurpee Day
19. Sample some of the best Edmonton restuarants at A Taste of Edmonton. Kid sized portions are a bonus!
20. Go berry picking. (We love the Saskatoons at Prairie Berry Farm!)
21. Embrace your inner Viking at the new RAM!
22. Go on a nature trek at the John Janzen Nature Centre. (or if it’s rainy visit the Tegler Discovery Zone)
23. Try the zipline at Meadowview Dinosaur Park in Leduc
24. Join the Kids Huddle and cheer on the Esks
25.Hear the dinosaurs roar at Jurassic Forest
26. A day at the U of A Botanic Garden is a day well spent! (don’t miss their half-price admission days!)
27. Overnight it at Elk Island National Park…some of their campsites come equipped! Or glamp it up in an oTENTik!
28. Mmmm, perogies! Learn how to make your own in a workshop at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
29. Get lost at the Edmonton Corn Maze
30. Take a cruise on the Edmonton Riverboat
31. Explore the magical world of CuriousCITY at the TELUS World of Science Edmonton
32. Root root root for the home team at an Edmonton Prospects game
33. Ride the trolley across the High Level Bridge
34. Treat yourself to a day of pampering (with childcare!) at One Hot Mama Salon and Spa!
35. Visit the final feature pyramid at Muttart Conservatory! (do it before July 2 – they’re closing for 18 months!)
36. Appreciate the work of local artists at the Whyte Avenue ArtWalk…
37. …and make some works of art of your own at the WorksShop during The Works Art & Design Festival
38. Take in a dinner theatre matinee made especially for kids at Jubilations Junior
39. Check out the amazing sand sculptures at Sand on Whyte
40. Reach new heights on the colourful courses at the ultra-cool new Clip ‘N Climb!
41. Explore the University of Alberta campus. The collections and museums hold no end of treasures!
42. Rainy days call for an indoor playground
43. Fill your pockets with small bills and check out the International Street Performers Festival
44. Enjoy a farm adventure at Prairie Gardens and Adventure Farm! We love the Fairy Berry Festival!
45. Imagine your road trip to Wetaskiwin in an old car at the Reynolds-Alberta Museum
46. Give your kids an afternoon of imagination at Sweet Pea Cafe and Playhouse
47. See some of your favourite characters live at K-Days
48. Try a free HIIT workout class at Little Sweatshop
49. Find out the truth at the interactive MythBusters exhibit at the TELUS World of Science Edmonton
50. Have some free fun at a Green Shack program
51. The rhythm is going to get you at the Cariwest Parade!
52. Meet the people who keep your neighbourhood safe – check out a Fire Station Open House
53. Leapin’ Lizards! Safari Jeff is back with his “Into the Wild” tour!
54. Check out some YEG public art! We love the “Vaulted Willow” in Borden Park!
55. Kids love good music and they get in free to Interstellar Rodeo
56. Enjoy a day of play in the fabulous Children’s Gallery at the new Royal Alberta Museum
57. Bike the multi-use trails of the River Valley
58. Get your paddle on in a canoe
59. Or ditch the paddle and just float at Discovery Canyon
60. Get a taste of nature at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre
61. Enjoy lunch and games at the Sunny Summer Picnic at Rutherford House
62. Polish your swing at a public golf course. Youth play FREE every Saturday & Sunday after 2pm at Rundle Park.
63. Pack a picnic and enjoy some of our favourite picnic spots!
64. Milk a (pretend) cow at the Valley Zoo’s new Urban Farm
65. Or meet your farming neighbours at Alberta Open Farm Days
66. Sticking with the farm theme, you have to check out the new agriculture-themed spray park in Ardrossan!
67. Take the whole family to a movie for under $20 with Cineplex Family Favourites
68. Bring your frisbee to Hawrelak Park
69. Make a big mess and don’t feel guilty about it at these Messy Play events!
70. Explore the Chinese garden in Louise McKinney Park
71. Put up a gone fishin’ sign, and go fish! Don’t forget to take advantage of FREE Fishing Weekend!
72. Introduce your kids to jazz at the Edmonton International Jazz Festival
73. Run away to the Circus! Don’t miss the Royal Canadian Family Circus when it comes to town
74. Tap into your pioneer spirit at the John Walter Museum
75. Pick fruit for a good cause with the Operation Fruit Rescue. You even get to keep some for yourself!
76. Reach new heights at the Snow Valley Aerial Park
77. See where it all began at Leduc #1 Energy Discovery Centre
78. View the stars at the RASC public observatory on the TELUS World of Science grounds
79. Take a hike! On the Red Willow Trail in St. Albert.
80. Ride the rails on the Alberta Prairie Railway in Stettler
81. Callingwood Farmers’ Market is the market so nice they hold it twice! (per week) Bonus – visit on Kidzone day for FREE fun!
82. Raft down the Pembina River
83. Have some “reel” fun at the Metro Cinema, Saturday afternoons (kids 12 and under are FREE!)
84. Make a splash at the World Waterpark in West Edmonton Mall! It’s always the perfect temperature and you’ll never get a sunburn!
85. Enjoy music under the stars at Symphony Under the Sky!
86. It’s summer! Treat yourself! We love these decadent dessert options!
87. Backyard foam pit. Yes you can! Rent the machine from Bounceroo Party Rentals
88. Join the TD Summer Reading Club and keep the whole family reading all summer
89. Join the fun with Saturday Kids’ Club and Make Break crafts at Michaels
90. Scoot through the mini city at Kiwanis Safety City. It’s so much fun you won’t know it’s educational!
91. Celebrate mythical mermaids with Mermaid Tales aboard the Santa Maria in WEM
92. Get your art on at the AGA! Check out Tours for Tots for younger kids and Drop-In Studio for the older kids!
93. Heading to the Legislature Grounds to splash in the fountains? Go on a Thursday and check out their TBD events!
94. History is high flying fun at the Alberta Aviation Museum. (Check out their FREE access nights!)
95. Take a break from the heat at an indoor skating rink. Try the leisure ice at Millennium Place in Sherwood Park
96. Take a day (or a day and a night!) to explore Sylvan Lake
97. Have some fun in the sun playing disc golf
98. Climb in the railcars at the Alberta Railway Museum
99. Book your kids a week of friendship, fitness and fun at one of these great Summer Camps!
100. Take a roadtrip to Calgary and try out some of their top 100 things!
Go beyond the 100 days of summer family fun checklist, and keep tabs on all the best family fun activities year round with the Family Fun Edmonton calendar! Stay tuned to all the best local family events through our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest pages too!
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.