It’s Mother’s Day Weekend. Make sure you celebrate mom and thank her for all her love and hard work. Check out our guide for things to do in Edmonton this weekend, May 7-9, 2021.
(When you’re out and about, don’t forget to follow all Alberta public health measures in effect.)
- International Children’s Festival 40 Days of Play
Participate in the daily activities happening now to celebrate 40 years of the International Children’s Festival!
- Arts District Animation
Visit 3 locations in downtown Edmonton to view local artists in video micro-exhibits that are displayed on LED screens with accompanying sound.
- Free Wheelin’ Food Truck Fest
Take the whole family out to pick-up dinner from some of your favourite food trucks.
- Science Rendezvous’ Science Chase
Go on a virtual race across Canada to see if you have what it takes to become the ultimate Science Champion.
- Mother’s Day Events
Make this year’s celebration extra special. Check out our recommendations for events around the city and happening virtually, too.
Still need more ideas for things to do in Edmonton this weekend? Check out these great options for fun family bonding!
- Playgrounds – Edmonton is home to some pretty spectacular playgrounds. Many of them are even worth a drive. Climbing, sliding, swinging, spinning. Go explore a new one or an old favourite as a family!
- Golf – With warmer spring temperatures, many golf courses and driving ranges are opening up around the city. Plus, some of them offer junior rates so you can affordably hit the links with your kiddos.
- Edmonton Valley Zoo – The zoo is open! All you have to do is reserve a time online before you go. Indoor animal viewing areas are still closed, but there’s still plenty to do and see.
- Pump Tracks & Skateparks – Break out those bikes and try out your skills on a pump track. Or live your fantasy to become Tony Hawk as you imagine landing 180s at the skatepark.
- Farmer’s Market – Get the whole family in on planning healthy meals and then visit one of the many local farmer’s markets to pick up fresh produce and other local specialities.
But wait…There’s more!
For a complete listing of all the best events around Edmonton, click on our Calendar, and stay tuned to all the best local family events through our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. And don’t forget to sign up for our monthly e-newsletter.
Do you have a family-friendly event coming up? Submit your event details, along with a photo, and we’ll add all qualifying events to our site.