Move over staycation – a PLAYCATION is where it’s at this summer! The whole family wants, nay, needs a getaway, but flights, hotels and resorts are all so expensive. Skip the high-priced trip and take an Alberta getaway the whole family will love! Visit Western Canada’s largest outdoor family amusement park – Calaway Park in Calgary! Here are 5 reasons why you can’t beat a PLAYCATION to Calaway Park this summer!
1. It’s Affordable! Nothing like cutting straight to the bottom line, but facts are facts. Calaway Park has just been named The Most Affordable Amusement Park in North America! HomeToGo, the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, compared prices including admission, food, parking and accomodations, at amusement parks all over the continent (including the biggest names you know) and Calaway Park came out on top!
Visit the Calaway Park website for great money saving deals and packages. We love the Playcation Discount tickets promotion: 4 single-day admission tickets for $108 plus GST – a saving of 36%! Print them at home and skip the line up! The best part – Calaway Park is a one pay-gate venue. That means you don’t have to open your wallet for parking, admission, stage shows and more – they’re all included in your admission!
There are also special discounts available at the park, like the Get Your Game On value ticket pack. Get $25 worth of games for only $20! Games Tickets Value Packs can be purchased at Guest Services, the Guest Services Booth, or from one of the Games Change Attendants.
2. The WOW Factor! There is always something new at Calaway Park! With 32 rides, 24 games, 20 food locations, live entertainment, a Cinemagic 3D theatre, a Haunted Hotel and much more, you might think Calaway Park has crammed as much fun into its space as possible – but they aren’t resting on their laurels. The park is adding a plethora of new attractions in 2019, including:
- Bumble Blast is a new ride you don’t want to miss! It’s a thrilling, spinning coaster that will have the whole family twisting and turning all summer! (Must be at least 42″ to enjoy this ride.)
- Two Brand New Stage Shows are debuting on the Celebration Square Stage on June 28: Red Riding Hood’s Rock the Forest and Shine Like Summer.
- DEEPO 3D, a nWave Pictures film, playing in Cinemagic 3D.
3. Location, Location, Location! A road trip to Calgary is easy! Calgary offers a lot of family friendly activities, but if you’d rather by-pass the city and head straight for the park, you can do that too! Take the Stoney Trail ring road and arrive at the park with time and patience to spare. You can even stay close to the action! The Calaway RV Park and Campground is steps away from the amusement park and offers great packages to save you even MORE money on park admission. Spend the night under the stars and wake up with a view of the mountains in one of their 104 sites. Think a hotel is the way to go? Click HERE to see the places that participate in the Calaway Park Family Fun Hotel Package option – a one night stay plus four park admission tickets! (subject to availability)
4. Special Events! Calaway Park hosts special events that your family will love! Mark your calendar for the Calaway Comic Fest for Kids, Family Fun Friday Nights, Halloweekends, the Boo Crew Costume Party, and many more! There is always a new reason to visit Calaway Park!
5. It’s About Family Fun at Calaway Park! Whether it is a surprise day trip with your kids, a weekend adventure away from home or a stop on your summer vacation, their mission is to make you smile! It’s about family fun at Calaway Park!
Calaway Park in Calgary:
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.