It’s a hilarious new holiday tradition – a fairy tale with a twist, brought to life in true British Pantomime style at Fort Edmonton Park! Bring the whole family to see this year’s production, the Little Red Riding Hood, on stage at the Capitol Theatre.
Take a classic fairy tale, add in gobs of sarcasm, singing, and slapstick comedy and you’ve got yourself a British pantomime. This year’s production features Little Red Riding Hood, a free spirited little girl with a dream of becoming a pop star, who encounters a series of farcical misadventures when she crosses paths with the likes of the Big Bad Wolf.
Pantos are full of over-the-top insanity and you will laugh like never before! Here are a few “rules” to help you enjoy the show:
- audience participation is a must
- when the “bad guy” appears on stage the audience hisses & boos
- when there is something going on behind the hero/heroine the audience yells “look out behind you”
- when someone says “oh yes it is”, the audience shouts “oh no it isn’t!”
- moms & dads can keep an ear out for the plentiful, and often ludicrous, double entendres
- the best part of the show is parents can sit back and relax knowing that it’s okay for their kids to move and make noise during the show!
Little Red Riding Hood runs from December 13 to 31, 2018. Tickets are on sale now and are $40 for adults and $30 for children, or catch the Wednesday performances for just $25 for adults and $20 for children.
Thursday, December 13 – 7:30 pm
Friday, December 14 – 7:30 pm
Saturday, December 15 – 2 pm & 7:30 pm
Wednesday, December 19 – 7:30 pm
Thursday, December 20 – 7:30 pm
Friday, December 21 – 7:30 pm
Saturday, December 22 – 2 pm & 7:30 pm
Sunday, December 23 – 2 pm
Monday, December 24 – 2 pm
Wednesday, December 26 – 7:30 pm
Thursday, December 27 – 7:30 pm
Friday, December 28 – 7:30 pm
Saturday, December 29 – 2 pm & 7:30 pm
Sunday, December 30 – 2 pm & 7:30 pm
Monday, December 31 – 2 pm
Little Red Riding Hood Pantomime:
When: December 13 – 31, 2018
Where: Fort Edmonton Park’s Capitol Theatre, 7000 – 143 Street, Edmonton
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.