Whether they play on the court, on the ice, or in the pool, your young athletes can keep fit, improve skills and have a blast at MacEwan University Sport and Wellness Summer Camps! Led by MacEwan University staff, athletes, and coaches, these co-ed camps will challenge athletes at all levels in a supportive and positive team environment. Most importantly, these camps all focus on the most important aspect of sport – having fun!
Swim & Recreation Camps
When school is out, it’s time to hit the pool! MacEwan Aquatics Camps are offered for swimmers aged 6 to 16! Activities vary by age level and include swimming skill training, plus leadership and lifesaving skills. During camp swimmers will have fun with aquatic games and water toys, plus get to play a variety of dryland sports and activities. Camps run from 9 am to 4 pm, and participants are supervised for an hour before and after camp, as well as during the lunch hour. Choose from:
- Troopers Camp (ages 6-8) An action packed week focused on FUN! Campers will enjoy recreational activities in the pool and developing physical literacy skills through sports and games in the gymnasium.
- Adventure Camp (Ages 8-12) Campers will be kept active all day long with a half day of activities in the pool and the remainder of the day focused on dry-land sports activities.
- Brains & Brawn (Ages 6-8) Enjoy a combination of recreational activities in the pool and exploratory learning-based activities outside the pool.
- Brains & Brawn (Ages 8-12) Campers will enjoy a combination of aquatics and time spent exploring interesting areas of the University campus.
- Bronze Club (ages 10-16) Swimmers will refine their judgement, fitness and lifesaving skills as they work towards their Bronze Star and Bronze Medallion certifications.
- Leaders-in-Training (ages 12 to 16) Campers can develop the skills needed to become a lifeguard with hand-on experience working with children of all ages, first aid, water safety training, and job preparation skills.
- Lifesaving Sport (ages 8 to 14) Participants will experience an active week focused on furthering swimming strength and endurance through aquatic challenges and dry-land training sessions.
Junior Griffins Sport Camps
Junior Griffins Sport Camps are offered in a variety of sports and are designed challenge athletes of all skill and experience levels. Campers ages 10-15 will develop their technique and gain a greater love of their favourite sport during these action-packed camps. Athletes bring their own lunches and are supervised during the lunch hour. Some pre and post-camp supervision is also included and varies by camp. Choose from:
- Basketball Camps (co-ed) Griffins basketball coaches and current players will help will help campers develop their individual basketball skills while improving their movements and understanding of the game.
- Basketball & Volleyball Combo Camps (co-ed) This camp is a double whammy of volleyball & basketball skills training to get athletes ready for the upcoming school seasons. Learn movement and game strategy, and build technique through daily technical training and modified gameplay.
- Hockey Camps (co-ed) Campers can improve their skills and keep active this summer will full-day hockey camp. Each day will focus on the Fundamentals and Learn to Train stage of development including two sessions of on-ice instruction each day and non-sport-specific activities off-ice.
- Volleyball Camps Join Griffins basketball coaches and current players for this half-day camp skill development camp. Participants can look forward to small group on-court instruction and plenty of gameplay as they sharpen their game.
MacEwan University Sport and Wellness Summer Camps:
Junior Griffins Sport Camps:
When: July 11 to August 26, 2022
Where: MacEwan University Sport and Wellness | Downtown Community Arena
Address: 10800 105 Avenue, Edmonton