101 Things to Do This Summer in Saskatoon
Presented by Nutrien Playland at Kinsmen Park!
1. Have fun with the entire family at the state-of-the-art Nutrien Playland at Kinsmen Park.
2. Visit with the animals at the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo.
3. Attend an amazing summer camp like Ancient and Medieval Adventures Packs or Co-op Camp Road-Trip Extravaganza
4. Visit an amazing Saskatoon Greenhouse
5. Pack a picnic and spend an entire day cooling off at a City of Saskatoon spray pad!
6. Climb a wall, hit a ball, and sink a putt at Fuddruckers Fun Centre.
7. Make the best of a rainy day at an Indoor Play Area.
8. Make an art project as a family at SCYAP.
9. Take the kids to one of the City of Saskatoon’s Paddling Pools in Saskatoon
10. Get friendly with some farm animals and take a road trip to Champetre County.
11. Enjoy the dog days of summer (literally) at some of the amazing Dog Parks in Saskatoon
12. Take a walk while reading a book at Kinsmen Park! Join the StoryWalk® Project with Saskatoon Public Library
13. Spend a day discovering some of our favourite Saskatoon parks. We like them so much we have two lists of favourite playgrounds.
14. Visit the oldest building in Saskatoon, the Marr Residence.
15. Get up close and personal with the bard at Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan.
16. Spend a day go-carting Velocity Raceway.
17. Spare your change with the Kids Bowl Free program.
18. Bounce till you drop at Crickle Creek Bouncy Castles.
19. Hike where the deer and the buffalo roamed on Wanuskewin’s trails
20. Take a trip to Petrofka Orchard and enjoy the view and walking trails.
21. Let a food truck feed the family.
22. Road trip to the Crooked Bush near Hafford.
23. Find your way out of an Escape Room!
24. Make a splash at City of Saskatoon Outdoor Pool.
25. Watch fantastic online programming at the Persephone. (They will be back with live performances soon!)
26. Spend a night in a tent at Pike Lake Provincial Park.
27. Grind, alley-oop, and airwalk at a City of Saskatoon skateboard park location.
28. Check out some classic cars at Rock 102’s Show and Shine!.
29. Get sticky at your favourite ice cream joint!
30. Take a selfie with a full-size T-Rex at the University of Saskatchewan Museum of Natural Sciences.
31. Spend a day in Warman at CJ’s, exploring the skateboard park, or hitting up a coolio park!
32. Take a riverside hike at Cranberry Flats.
33. Swap a gently used book for a hot summer read at one of Saskatoon’s cool FREE little libraries.
34. Make your own adventure park in your very own backyard with these Fun in the Sun ideas!
35. Feed a chickadee from the palm of your hand at Beaver Creek.
36. Roast a hotdog at Gabriel Dumont Park.
37. Play a game of frisbee/disc golf at Diefenbaker Park.
38. Get cozy on a rainy day and work towards reading 1000 Books with Saskatoon Public Library
39. Hit the jackpot with Ruckers arcade games!
40. Try geocaching or Pokemon Go! (Warning, you may become addicted!)
41. Read for glory with the Saskatoon Public Library’s Knowlympics!
42. Take a visit to The Berry Barn and find fun for the entire family!
43. Spend a day discovering our beautiful City of Bridges
44. Try a new sport–cricket, lacrosse, disc golf, rugby. tennis or squash!
45. Get arty at an art gallery in Saskatoon.
46. This year you can join Folkfest virtually!
47. Check out some tunes downtown with 2021 Noon Tunes
48. Go on the Family Summer Wheatland Express – Excursion Train
49. Learn more about Saskatchewan history on a daytrip.
50. Take the kids to Nutrien Wonderhub.
51. Fore! Take the family for a round of golf in the sunshine!
52. Float with ease at ‘Dead Sea of Saskatchewan’ at Manitou!
53. Take a day trip for a hike to the Borden Bridge
54. We’re sharing this one with hopes that it happens! Taste of Saskatchewan is tentatively booked for August 10-15, 2021
55. Stay up late and find a dark place to enjoy the Perseid meteor shower on August 12th.
56. Celebrate at the largest Metis Festival in North America at Back to Batoche Days.
57. Delve into the history of the Hudson’s Bay Company on a day trip to Fort Carlton.
58. Spook the kids on a trip to Fort Battleford and walk with ghosts!
59. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy a Theatre in the Park with SUM Theatre.
60. Immerse yourself in military history in the basement of Nutana legion.
61. Get groovy at the Jazz Festival.
62. Take a ride on a waterslide at Lathey, Riversdale, or Mayfair Pools!
63. Discover a unique camping or glamping spot in Saskatchewan.
64. Find books for your whole book-loving family at The SSO Book and Music Summer Sale
65. Explore the exhibits at the Diefenbaker Canada Centre.
66. Behold an ancient artifact at the Museum of Antiquities.
67. Ride the South Saskatchewan aboard the Prairie Lily Riverboat.
68. Make sure to check out the Saskatoon Farmers’ Market on Koyle Avenue.
69. Green is the colour! Cheer on the boys at a Roughrider Game in Regina! They are hoping for a late Kick-off to the season in August!
70. Treat yourself to something from tasty from the Red Bus across from the Bessborough Hotel.
71. Stroll or roll the Meewasin Trail.
72. Spend a day on the beach on a day trip to Diefenbaker Lake.
73. Use a summer’s day to bike or walk your non-perishable items at the Saskatoon Food Bank or the Friendship Inn.
74. Make sure to check out Downtown Farmers Market for Street Stall Saturdays! Check out the booths and then take a walk along the river.
75. Go for a Saskatchewan Aquatic Adventure at a lake near you.
76. Spend the day at Riverlanding picnic-ing, getting wet, and taking a stroll.
77. Get yourself a babysitter from Little Einsteins and go for a Date in Saskatoon with your partner!
78. Rent a paddleboard at Blackstrap Provincial Park.
79. Road trip to a Western Development Museum in Moose Jaw, Regina, or North Battleford!
80. Take a stroll down 2nd Avenue downtown for The 2nd Ave Sidewalk Sale
81. Host a multi-family potluck right in your own backyard. (It’s allowed!)
82. The Saskatoon Fringe Festival is back!
83. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the Weir.
84. Celebrate 50 years of Patterson Garden with a stroll around the fantastic foliage!
85. Take the family out to Sunnyside Dairy Farm for some fresh cream and milk and a walk around the Farmers’ Market.
86. Visit the world-class rRemai Modern!
87. Celebrate a unique Saskatchewan culture at Metis Cultural Days.
88. Set foot on unbroken prairie at Meewasin Northeast Swale
89. Catch a fish at a pristine Saskatchewan Lake.
90. Rent a canoe and explore Chief Whitecap Waterway!
91. Join the 1000 Hours Outside Challenge. No better time than summer to start!
92. If you need to get the teens out of the house, take them to YXE Smash Therapy Inc.
93. Explore Grasslands Park near Silverspring.
94. Bring your pet to Kiwanis Memorial park for a portrait for Pets in the Park! (This one isn’t confirmed, but we’re keeping it in with high hopes of a fun outing for your pets!)
95. There will always be fun for your kids of all ages at the Saskatoon Public Library – Discover and explore Saskatoon with SPL!
96. Rock the River with Saskatoon’s most exciting classic rock festival! It’s back from August 20-22, 2021!
97. Check out some farm animals at LaLa’s Little Farm!
98. Get dizzy and eat an elephant ear at the Saskatoon Ex.
99. Rent an inflatable for your backyard from The Backyard!!
100. As Summer comes to a close, don’t forget to check out the Youth Farm Corn Maze
101. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
Make sure to add the amazing Nutrien Playland at Kinsmen Park to your Summer list for repeat visits. Your kids will never complain about being bored this season with Nutrien Playland at Kinsmen Park as an option! You could spend the entire day there and never run out of activities. The little kids (and big kids) can go for a ride on the Ferris wheel or the Carousel! When you’re done at the amusement park, (although the kids may never want to leave) you can have a picnic, and enjoy lunch with your family. Of course, a trip to Nutrien Playland at Kinsmen Park is not complete without hitting up the Spray Pad! Cool off in the water, and then do some climbing in the playground, or take an adventure on the cable ride or explore the children’s area. Nutrien Playland at Kinsmen Park has absolutely everything you need for the best summer days in 2021. Take walks, go on rides, have a picnic, and play in the water and park – all in one day!