Are you ready to spend a Day Out with Thomas? The West Coast Railway Association is, once again, hosting their wildly popular Thomas the Train event. A Day Out with Thomas includes activities for the whole family. While my boys have grown past Thomas the train I still remember our years visiting him with great fondness. You are guaranteed squeals of glee as your young ones spot the famous blue engine and Sir Topham Hatt. The West Coast Heritage Railway is bustling with excited kids and beaming parents. Everyone knows their Day Out with Thomas is one they will remember for many years to come. We sure do!
As you can imagine, A Day Out with Thomas is incredibly popular so be sure to get your tickets soon. Tickets are $25/person (for departures at 10am, 3pm and 4pm) or $29/person (for departures at 11am, 12pm and 1pm) and can be purchased online.
A Day Out with Thomas Includes:
- 25 minute train ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
- Meet Sir Topham Hatt
- Bouncy castle
- Live entertainment
- Play on Thomas train tables
- Thomas craft tables
- Model railway display
- Tattoo station
There are food vendors on site as well as many picnic spots. Bring your lunch or grab a bite and enjoy gazing over the massive train yard and all the Thomas enthusiasts. And the mini-train will be in operation offering rides to visitors for $3 each.
Tips to Make your Day Out with Thomas a Success:
- arrive no later than 45 minutes before your scheduled train departure. Trains begin boarding 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- no smoking permitted except in a designated fenced outdoor area
- no pets allowed on site with the exception of service and support animals.
- the event runs rain or shine so please dress accordingly
- all children 2 and over require a ticket
- please wear appropriate footwear – the majority of the ground is gravel. WCRA requests no flip flops, no high heels, and no bare feet.
- parking is $5 per vehicle (cash only)
A Day Out with Thomas:
When: October 17, 18, 24 & 25, 2020
Time: 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm (on each of the above dates)
Where: West Coast Heritage Railway
Address: 39645 Government Road, Squamish
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.