Family Day 2020 is on Monday, February 17! Join the City of Surrey for some family-fun at various facilities throughout the community. Whether you want to bring the kids for arts & crafts or drop in for sports, there’s lots going on to celebrate this special holiday. Check out all of the activities you can enjoy! The vast majority of the events listed below happen on February 17th. When the event occurs on a different date, we’ve been sure to highlight that for you.
Surrey Nature Centre (14225 Green Timbers Way):
10am – 2pm: Celebrate being a family outdoors this Family Day! Stop by the Surrey Nature Centre from 10am-2pm for their FREE Family Day event. You can test your skills at their family challenge station, go on a guided nature walk, join a story time in the Sky Room and more. This event is for all ages and takes place rain or shine.
Heritage Family Day (13723 Crescent Road):
12pm – 3pm: Spend time with your family down at the Historic Stewart Farm the old fashioned way by doing various activities and sampling our baking from the wood stove.
Family Day at the Museum of Surrey (17710 56A Avenue):
1pm – 4pm: A whole day of family fun awaits at Museum of Surrey! Try your luck at playing board games and then partake in a scavenger hunt. Don’t forget to strike a pose with mascot Raj the Racoon.
Family Day Geocache Treasure Hunt (Redwood Park, 17900 20 Avenue):
Celebrate Family Day weekend with Surrey Parks on a treasure hunt like no other! Search for hidden caches by navigating to specific GPS coordinates throughout the park. Solve the puzzle for a prize! Instruction and GPS units provided. Free and no experience necessary. Allow about 1 hour to find all caches. You must pre-register for a start time online using the following barcodes: 11am (Barcode: 00015969), 12pm (Barcode: 00015981), 1pm (Barcode: 00015985) **This event happens February 15th.
Family Day Skating:
Outside it may be cold but inside the arenas in Surrey there’s a luau! All of the ice rinks are hosting Hawaiian-themed skates for family day. The skating events are FREE, as are the helmet and skating rentals.
- Cloverdale Arena (6090 176 Street) February 14 7pm – 9pm
- South Surrey Arena (2199 148 Street) February 15 2pm – 4pm
- Surrey Sport & Leisure (110-16555 Fraser Hwy) February 16 11:15am – 2:30pm
- North Surrey Arena (10275 City Pkwy) February 16 12:15pm – 4:30pm
- Newton Arena (7120 136b Street) February 17 10:45am – 12:45pm
Family Day Swim:
Make a splash and enjoy playing in the water with family and friends! Spend the day being active, going down water slides, relaxing in the hot tub and much more during our public swim times. Please note: Regular Admission applies for the Family Day swims.
- Newton Recreation Centre (13730 72 Avenue) February 16 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Surrey Sport & Leisure Complex (110-16555 Fraser Hwy) February 16 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre (16855 24 Avenue) February 17 from 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Guildford Recreation Centre (15105 105 Avenue) February 17 from 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Family Fun Day:
Each of the City’s recreational facilities will host FREE, family fun activities & games on Monday February 17, 2020.
- Chuck Bailey Recreation Centre (13458 107A Avenue) 11am – 2pm
- Cloverdale Recreation Centre (6188 176th Street) 10am – 1pm
- Guildford Recreation Centre (15105 105 Avenue) 11am – 2pm
- Fleetwood Community Centre (15996 84 Avenue) 11am – 1pm
- Newton Recreation Centre (13730 72 Avenue) 11am – 1pm
- South Surrey Recreation & Arts Centre (14601 20 Avenue) 11am – 1pm
Family Day Stay & Play:
Bring the kids, bring the neighbours, bring your friends for a FREE literary themed Stay & Play.
- Kensington Prairie Community Centre (16824 32 Avenue) February 17 11am – 1pm
Family Day Events in Surrey:
When: February 14 – 17, 2020
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.