Once Upon a Haunted Sea returns to the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site just in time for the month of Halloween. This event – re-imagined into a month-long experience – runs from October 2 – 31. Once Upon a Haunted Sea is a fairy-tale reboot of the Cannery’s annual Halloween event, extended to a month-long installation for visitors of all ages to explore with safe distancing measures in place. Follow the path into the darkest depths of the sea and come out a hero with new knowledge and tools to help save the ocean from death by plastic monsters.
Tips for visiting Once Upon a Haunted Sea:
- Advanced tickets are not required.
- The installation will be inside the Herring Reduction Plant; all other areas in the Cannery will remain open as usual.
- Masks are mandatory.
- Please dress warmly. The historic cannery is built on top of the Fraser River, and there is no interior heating (but there is a roof over your head, so you will stay dry!)
- Suitable for kids of all ages.
- Costumes are encouraged on Halloween weekend.
Halloween at the Cannery:
When: October 8 – November 9, 2020 (closed on Thanksgiving Monday)
Time: 11am – 4pm (drop in anytime)
Where: Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site
Address: 12138 Fourth Avenue, Richmond