Everyone is invited to the annual Temple Fair at the Dr Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Gardens. 2019 celebrates the year of the pig! The twelfth animal in the Chinese zodiac, the pig is a symbol of prosperity, its rotund cheeks full of good fortune.
Everyone is invited to this family-friendly event, where they can enjoy a lineup of traditional activities, explore the wares of local vendors, and take in the 淑芳你好嘛 (Suk-Fong Nay Ho Mah) / Suk-Fong, How Are You? exhibition from artist Paul Wong.
Check out the events scheduled for February 10th:
- Wishing tree
- Ping pong with Frida&Frank
- Papercutting pig designs
- Dragon Boat BC demonstration
- Instrument discovery with VSO School of Music
- Vendor marketplace
- Gong Fu Cha tastings
- 淑芳你好嘛 / Suk-Fong, How Are You? exhibition
- Performances by the Azalea Chinese Ensemble from the VSO School of Music (1:30 – 2:00pm, 3:00 – 3:30pm)
- Storytelling of the Chinese zodiac and the Nian monster (in English with Cantonese – 10:45am, 12:00pm; in English with Mandarin – 11:15am, 12:30pm)
- Lion Dance by Mah’s Athletic Association (2pm – 3pm)
Year of the Pig Temple Fair:
When: February 10, 2019
Time: 10:30am – 4pm
Where: Dr Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden
Address: 578 Carrall Street, Vancouver
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.