This year, the heart of North York transforms into a magical winter wonderland! The free Holiday Fair in the Square outdoor festival heads north to Mel Lastman Square, the heart of North Toronto, featuring tempting food vendors, talented roaming performers, exciting rides and games, and fun photo ops.
Holiday Fair in the Square is a festive experience for the whole family, including your leashed dog friends! Not only does it offer free admission to all, but this event also gives back to the community by supporting Epilepsy Toronto.
Stroll through the artisan marketplace, warm up at the Fireside Lounge, sip on a cup of hot chocolate, make your own s’more, and much more. Of course, you can’t miss your chance to visit Santa’s Village to share your holiday wish list and take your picture with the big man himself! Capture heartwarming moments as your kids (and dogs!) meet Santa in the enchanting winter setting.
Holiday Fair In The Square is filled with cheery events and activities you won’t want to miss, so bring the whole family for a fun free outing! Family-friendly activities include:
- Santa’s Village — Santa’s home is transplanted to North York, decorated for the holidays in full festive splendour! Feel free to take your own photos with the jolly fellow and donate to Epilepsy Toronto while you’re there.
- Holiday Midway — The jolly Holiday Midway on the festival grounds features rides, games, prizes and more. You’ll find excitement and adventure, whether you’re young or young at heart!
- Live Performances — The winter holiday season is a wonderful time to appreciate our city’s talented artists. The line-up features an exciting array of professional performers, such as Amadeus Choir, the Festive Cheer Carolers, Toronto’s hottest new brass band SHOUT! and St Clare Children’s Choir.
- Roaming Entertainment — Throughout the festival, you can enjoy festive entertainment by roaming entertainers displaying their original artistry. Look for the giant toy soldier INCIRQUE, the Winter Fairy, and more!
- A Dog-Friendly Event — Bring your fur babies to share in the holiday cheer. Meet up with other families and their pups for a memorable celebration that welcomes everyone, fur and all!
At this most magical time of the year, Holiday Fair in the Square becomes a classic Christmas market. Connected by a dazzling display of festive holiday lights, it offers an abundance of holiday delights for everyone to enjoy. Mel Lastman Square is jam-packed with amazing attractions, including:
- Artisan Marketplace — More than 65 talented artists and creators make up the Artisan Marketplace, selling a charming array of hand-crafted items and one-of-a-kind gifts. These artisans reflect the creative flair and cultural diversity of our city. Not to mention, it’s the perfect place to find that holiday gift for your loved ones. From crocheted toys to specialty gingerbread houses, you’ll find plenty of options for gifting or indulging your own holiday cravings.
- Festive Food — If you’re looking for a delicious treat, a drink to warm you up, or a quick and easy dinner, it’s at the Holiday Fair in the Square! Snack on seasonal bites and tasty cuisine supplied by both food trucks and gourmet merchants.
- Polar Point Bar — Cozy up to the bar, let it snow, and enjoy some holiday cheer! Appreciate the stunning twinkling lights, warm up by the crackling fire, and sip on delicious holiday drinks at the licensed Polar Point bar. Embrace the spirit of the season with holiday favourites like mulled wine and spiked hot apple cider.
Holiday Fair In The Square is more than just a magical time. While the holiday season is a wonderful opportunity for giving, it’s also important to think about those in the community in need of help. This event raises essential funds for Epilepsy Toronto, helping to support the 1 in 100 people who live with epilepsy in our area.
Admission to the Holiday Fair in the Square is free, but an advanced donation to Epilepsy is always appreciated. Donate here!
Holiday Fair In The Square
When: December 1-23, 2023
Time: Tuesday-Thursday 4:00-9:00pm, Friday-Saturday 12:00-10:00pm, Sunday 12:00-9:00pm (Closing Dec. 23 7:00pm)
Where: Mel Lastman Square, 5100 Yonge Street, North York
Wander through our list of Christmas Markets here!