The 2021 edition of Toronto’s premier international dance festival, Fall For Dance North, offers a hybrid mix of in-person performances and digital events that are both free and ticketed. Live performances will take place over September and October in multiple locations in Toronto and other Ontario regions. In-person events can be enjoyed safely at outdoor locations.
Meanwhile, digital events are available to be watched from anywhere in the world from the comfort of your home. This includes five original live-streamed productions featuring many new works by Canadian and international dance makers.
- “Heirloom” by Caleb Teicher & Nic Gareiss – presented with special guests in Peterborough (Lua Shayenne Dance Company), Hamilton (Arzoo Dance Theatre) and Niagara (Sandy Silva & Rick Haworth)
- “her body as words” by Peggy Baker Dance Projects – Free Film Installation at Yonge-Dundas Square
- “Jazz In Motion: Portraits of Syncopated Souls” by FFDN artists-in-residence Natasha Powell and Kimberley Cooper – Presented at Union Station and Online
- “Away To Create” by Natasha Powell – Documentary Film + Outdoor & Livestreamed Performances
- 2021 Signature Program – Online presentation of a three-part global dance film, shot for FFDN in Bangalore, Havana, and London UK, with on-demand streaming after.
- Mambo – Fall For Dance North podcast
- “+ (DIX)” by Côté Danse – Live-To-Air from Harbourfront Centre
- “Dance Shift” by Olga Barrios, Kean Buffalo & River Waterhen, Sashar Zarif, BaKari Ifasegun Lindsay – Live-to-air premiere from The Citadel: Ross Centre for Dance
- Sara Porter / Danah Rosales With The House Of Siriano – Pre-recorded & live-to-air premiere
- “More Forever” by Caleb Teicher & Co. – Live-to-air premiere from The Fleck Dance Theatre
Fall For Dance North Festival
Looking for Festivals in Toronto? Click here for more!