If your kids are interested in learning the popular martial art of karate but also want to get outside and have fun with new friends this summer, Toronto Kyokushin Karate and Kickboxing hits the right spot! Toronto Kyokushin Summer Camps specialize in building character, confidence, strength and flexibility. Not only do your little ones stay active, but they also develop their self-esteem and learn teamwork throughout the week.
No previous karate experience is necessary. Each weekly summer camp session includes daily karate classes, plus a weekly outing to practise the famous traditional Kyokushinkai Beach Training and then enjoy a swim. Students also participate in their favourite summer activities, including sports and games, park and splash pad trips, arts and crafts, dance, Lego and many more.
Toronto Kyokushin Summer Camps (Ages 4-12)
Toronto Kyokushin summer camps are designed to develop many important traits in students, such as strength, flexibility, balance and coordination. They also teach resilience so kids can learn how to push through their physical and mental barriers for personal betterment. Furthermore, with the confidence gained from karate, they learn to be mindful of others, which is an especially helpful trait for young people.
These one-week sessions are full of exciting activities, including:
- Daily karate training
- Yoga classes
- Indoor and Outdoor cross-training for all sports purposes
- Self-defence and anti-bullying sessions
- Daily trips to local parks with splash pads or wading pool
- A weekly trip to the beach for traditional Karate Beach Training, followed by a swim
- Outdoor activities: sports, games, park playtime
- Indoor activities: games, Lego, drawing, arts and crafts, movies, music, dance, toys, fort building
Summer Camp Details
All Toronto Kyokushin summer camps run from 9:00am to 5:00pm daily (except the August Ontario Civic Holiday). If extended care is needed, parents can arrange to drop kids off as early as 8:00am for pick-up as late as 6:00pm. There are limited spaces available for all camps to ensure that instructor-to-camper ratios remain low.
Parents are responsible for providing their children with a nut-free lunch, two nut-free snacks and a refillable water bottle. Swimsuits and towels are required on beach and splash pad days (weather permitting). Sunscreen is advised throughout the day, and camp counsellors can help the kids re-apply it as necessary.
Kids attending should bring their karate uniform if they have one. However, no prior martial arts experience is necessary, and a karate uniform (dogi) and sparring equipment are not required. In this case, participants should wear comfortable clothes that they can exercise in. Plus, each child that attends a summer camp gets a free camp T-shirt!
Summer Camp Dates
Summer camps run throughout July and August in weekly sessions, so your can child can participate in one or more programs. Each week, Toronto Kyokushin keeps kids busy with karate lessons, self-defence exercises, and beach training. As well, there are outings to parks, beaches and splash pads in the Beaches community, plus games, crafts, free play and many additional activities.
- Week 1: July 3-7, 2023 — $265 + HST ($300 per week)
- Week 2: July 10-14, 2023 — $265 + HST ($300 per week)
- Week 3: July 17-21, 2023 — $265 + HST ($300 per week)
- Week 4: July 24-28, 2023 — $265 + HST ($300 per week)
- Week 5: July 31 – August 4, 2023 — $265 + HST ($300 per week)
- Week 6: August 8-11, 2023 (Four-day session due to closure on August Ontario Civic Holiday) — $213 + HST ($240 per week)
- Week 7: August 14-18, 2023 — $265 + HST ($300 per week)
- Week 8: August 21-25, 2023 — $265 + HST ($300 per week)
- Week 9: August 28 – September 1, 2023 — $265 + HST ($300 per week)
Extended Hours are also available from 8:00am – 6:00pm for an extra $60 per week.
Toronto Kyokushin Summer Camps
When: One-week sessions July 3-September 1, 2023
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Where: 203 Kingston Road, Toronto
Jump over to our Summer Camp Guide here!