Jump for joy, it’s summer! There’s so much to do and so little time, it’s true. So we’ve put our thinking caps on (helps to shade from the sun too!) and come up with a long, exciting list of the many family-friendly activities to be checked off the to-do list. What’s on your summer fun bucket list? We have plenty of ideas for Summer Events here in Toronto!
1. Toronto loves warm weather and getting out into it at a festival. You should therefore try out a bunch of them, such as those found in our Summer Festival Guide for Toronto and the GTA!
2. There are parks perfect for a family outing strewn all around town, so hang out under a shady tree with our Guide to Family Parks and Playgrounds in Toronto.
3. There’s nothing like a frozen treat to cool you off in the summer, so you won’t be able to resist our list of The Best Ice Cream and Gelato Shops in Toronto!
4. After a long and inevitably grey winter, we are just itching to get outside once the temperature warms up, and that goes for dining too! With our Guide to Family-Friendly Patios in Toronto, even with hungry little ones in tow, you can still enjoy dining out this summer. Cheers!
5. Summer is short in Toronto and so is the pool season, so dive into our Guide to Toronto’s Best Public Outdoor Pools. Don’t forget that Public Indoor Pools are still open during the warm months as well.
6. There are over 100 City-Run Splash Pads in Toronto, offering an easy way for kids to have safe summer fun. Plus they’re free! Or, if you’re looking for more hardcore watery excitement, splash into our Guide to Outdoor Water Parks in Ontario.
7. Swimming Beaches in Toronto are open for the season! Cool off on a hot day and take a dip with lifeguard supervision.
8. See why our city is called a “A City Within A Park”! Stroll through our list of The Best Parks and Pathways for Hiking in Toronto.
9. Catching a movie in an indoor theatre is nice (especially when there’s AC) but it’s extra-special to see one at one of these Outdoor Movies in Toronto this Summer. Grab your popcorn and get comfy!
10. Or you could start the car and go old-school with our list of Drive-In Movie Theatres in Southern Ontario. “Let’s all go to the lobby…”
11. Are your kids avid bikers or skaters and ready to move beyond the sidewalk? Check out these Bike and Skateboard Parks for all ages and abilities.
12. Summertime eating is made better by incredible produce from these Outdoor Farmer’s Markets in Toronto!
13. Berry Picking in Southern Ontario makes for a fun and delicious family day trip from the GTA. Follow your tummy and check off our whole list!
14. If your Summer Events list turns to sports, we’ve got you covered! Roll for a strike with our updated Bowling Guide for Toronto and the GTA, and climb onto our updated list of Rock Climbing Gyms in and around Toronto.
15. When you need to entertain your little guys on a rainy day, our list of Indoor Play Places is sure to come in quite handy indeed! Plus, if you have a child with a summer birthday, be sure to check out these party options in our Birthday Party Guide.
16. Campgrounds for Camping in and around the GTA are in full swing for the season. So feel like you’re away from it all, but still within a two-hour drive of downtown!
17. Satisfy your family’s need for speed by zooming into our Guide to Go-Karts in the GTA and Southern Ontario, perfect for a fun summer day trip!
18. Get out of town and go see more of our beautiful province with our Ontario Staycation Trip Ideas! Plus, save your receipts on accommodation to get a tax break with the 2022 Ontario Staycation Tax Credit.
19. Don’t forget to check out our Summer Camps Guide so your kids can have an amazing summer, learning and being active.
Find more great summer events, and events all year long, on Family Fun Toronto!
If you would like to be featured in our Summer Fun Bucket List, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.