Be prepared to be awed! For more the 5 decades the Abbotsford International Airshow has been stunning audiences. Watch planes from around the world delight the fans. Wander the tarmac and climb aboard planes from all eras; the skies will be filled with machines you’ve never seen before. Gadgets, special suits and the coolest flying machines means that the 2021 Abbotsford International Airshow will be the most spectacular one yet!
Please note that due to COVID restrictions tickets must be purchased in advanced. There will be no on-site ticket sales.
Tips for Parents:
Here are a few suggestions to help make your visit to the Abbotsford International Airshow a resounding success.
– stick sunglasses on everyone! The planes are in the sky, so is the sun! There is only one solution to that problem.
– bring earplugs! The planes need big jet engines to get off the ground. They are noisy. Kids rarely listen anyway so it isn’t as though earplugs are going to make things worse.
– slap on the sunscreen! There is no shade at the airport seeing as trees would make landing planes slightly dangerous. A sunburnt kid is not only unhealthy, it also makes them super grumpy! You might as well plop a hat on their head too.
– bring water, buy water, drink water! Again, no shade and hot August temperatures can equal dehydration. And don’t worry if the kids drink too much water, there are loads of port-a-pottys around.
– wear comfortable closed-toe shoes! You are walking around on prickly grass. Save everyone’s toes (and your ears from the inevitable complaining) by dumping everyone in sneakers.
Abbotsford International Airshow:
When: August 6 – 8, 2021
Time: 4:30pm – 9:30pm (Friday); 9am – 3pm (Saturday & Sunday)
Where: YXX Abbotsford International Airport
Address: 1595 Townline Road (King Road Entrance); 1810 Queen Street (Queen Street Entrance), Abbotsford