Be prepared to be awed! For more the 5 decades the Abbotsford International Airshow has been stunning audiences. Watch planes from around the world delight the fans. Wander the tarmac and climb aboard planes from all eras; the skies will be filled with machines you’ve never seen before. Gadgets, special suits and the coolest flying machines means that the 2019 Abbotsford International Airshow will be the most spectacular one yet!
The international event starts with a Twilight Show on Friday. At 5:30 enjoy a teaser & the afternoon program. At 6pm the beloved Snowbirds take to the skies. Don’t miss the fireworks finale at 9:45pm. Please note that the full-day schedule is different from the Twilight Show.
Tickets can purchased online or at any Lower Mainland Save-on Foods location. Don’t forget that kids 6 & under are FREE. And don’t worry the cost of parking is included in your admission.
Tips for Parents:
Here are a few suggestions to help make your visit to the Abbotsford International Airshow a resounding success.
– stick sunglasses on everyone! The planes are in the sky, so is the sun! There is only one solution to that problem.
– bring earplugs! The planes need big jet engines to get off the ground. They are noisy. Kids rarely listen anyway so it isn’t as though earplugs are going to make things worse.
– slap on the sunscreen! There is no shade at the airport seeing as trees would make landing planes slightly dangerous. A sunburnt kid is not only unhealthy, it also makes them super grumpy! You might as well plop a hat on their head too.
– bring water, buy water, drink water! Again, no shade and hot August temperatures can equal dehydration. And don’t worry if the kids drink too much water, there are loads of port-a-pottys around.
– wear comfortable closed-toe shoes! You are walking around on prickly grass. Save everyone’s toes (and your ears from the inevitable complaining) by dumping everyone in sneakers.
Abbotsford International Airshow:
When: August 9 – 11, 2019
Time: 3:30pm – 10:30pm (Friday); 9am – 6pm (Saturday & Sunday)
Where: YXX Abbotsford International Airport
Address: 1595 Townline Road (King Road Entrance); 1810 Queen Street (Queen Street Entrance), Abbotsford
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.