Your kids can find out just how much FUN science can be with Summer Science Camps at the TELUS World of Science – Edmonton! They’ll launch their own adventures as they make remarkable discoveries, create brilliant masterpieces, and explore new concepts, all while learning through hands-on science. TELUS World of Science – Edmonton Summer Camps offer something for every budding scientist – whether they love animals and dinosaurs or astronauts and robots!
TELUS World of Science – Edmonton offers 20 unique camps, each centred around a different science theme. 4 and 5-year-old budding scientists can try half-day morning or afternoon camps, while full-day camps are offered for 6 to 14-year-olds.
Half-day camps include daily visits to the various galleries, including the CuriousCITY Children’s Gallery and the chance to experience a show in the Zeidler Dome. Half-day camps run from 9 am to 12 pm or 1 pm to 4 pm.
Full-day camps include daily visits to the science galleries, demonstrations on the science stage, shows in the Ziedler Dome and IMAX Theatre, and the chance to experience the exciting feature gallery, The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Full-day camps run from 9 am to 4 pm, with daily outdoor free play at lunch and early drop-off and late pick-up available at an additional charge. No time to pack a lunch? Lunch packages can be purchased through the TELUS World of Science’s Purple Pear restaurant!
Enroll your child for a summer full of exciting exploration, delightful discoveries and wild wonders! Bonus – TELUS World of Science – Edmonton Members save 10% on all camps!
Camp themes and age ranges are listed below. For full details, including dates and pricing, please visit twose.ca/summercamps
Half-Day Camps (Ages 4-5):
- Watts (Themes: Underwater Creatures, Patterns, Building things and Monsters)
- Volts (Themes: Reptiles, Space, Bubbles and Boats)
- Atoms (Themes: Colours, Robots, Birds and Music)
- Quarks (Themes: Bugs, Astronauts, Dinosaurs and Liquids)
Full-Day Camps (Ages 6-14):
- Animal Trackers (Ages 6-7) – Learn about different types of animals every day.
- Dino Diggers (Ages 6-7) – Daily dinosaur-themed activities.
- Junior Scientists (Ages 6-7) – A fun introduction to Chemistry, Biology, Engineering and Math.
- Kit Hacking (Ages 8-9) – Take prepackaged science kits, throw away the rules, & investigate using intuition.
- Astronaut Adventure (Ages 8-9) – Find out if you have what it takes to be an astronaut in this special camp in the new Queen Elizabeth Planetarium.
- Gadgets and Gizmos (Ages 8-9) – Use awesome tools to test ideas & build creative contraptions.
- Science Wizardry (Ages 8-9) – Learn the secrets behind mysterious science experiments, including illusions.
- Stop-motion Animation Camp 1.0 (Ages 8-9) – Create a stop-motion masterpiece using a favourite toy.
- Coding for Robots 1.0 (Ages 9-10) – Learn about coding, the language of the future, and use it to program robots.
- Brainiacs (Ages 10-12) – Build a rocket, experience extreme experiments, and tested the laws of the universe.
- Science Girls (Ages 10-12) – Dig deeper into the truth behind sound, DNA, electricity and much more.
- Machine Masterminds (Ages 10-12) – Turn your ideas into reality while competing in daily maker challenges.
- Coding for Video Games 1.0 (Ages 10-12) – Design & construct your own video game using Scratch programming.
- Stop-motion Animation Camp 2.0 (Ages 10-12) – Take your animation skills to the next level in this sequel camp.
- Gamecasting (Ages 10-12) – Learn video production basics to create amazing videos capturing your gaming adventures in this brand new camp.
- Coding for Robots 2.0 (Ages 11-12) – Go beyond the basics of coding and programming robots in this sequel camp.
- Gamecasting (Ages 12-14) – Learn video production basics to create amazing videos capturing your gaming adventures in this brand new camp.
- Coding for Video Games 2.0 (Ages 12-14) – Use Scratch programming to design & construct a video game you’ll be able to access online once camp is over.
TELUS World of Science – Edmonton Summer Camps:
When: Camps run from June 29 to August 28, 2020
Where: TELUS World of Science Edmonton, 11211 – 142 Street, Edmonton
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.