Hi-Yah! Calling all ninjas. It’s time to sign up for summer training in the dojo. This ninja training isn’t a secret. No, this is Code Ninjas Summer Camp and kids ages 5-14 with all levels of coding experience are invited to join! Summer camps at Code Ninjas dojos stretch your child’s mind, teach them valuable critical thinking skills, and promote a love for STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).
With a name like Code Ninjas you might think that all the camps they offer are strictly about coding, but that’s not the case! The STEM-related fields are vast and the summer camp offerings are varied to represent the diversity of the fields. Of course, you’ll find camps related to popular coding-related games such as Minecraft and Roblox, but you’ll also find camps for your future YouTube star or stop-motion movie director! With the rise in popularity of 3D printers, Code Ninjas is even offering a camp specifically focused on designing, coding, and printing 3D creations.
Weeklong camps at Code Ninjas in SW Edmonton are led by a dedicated team of Code Senseis. Sensies help guide your ninja-in-training as they work through challenging tasks and collaborate with their peers. They encourage your child’s curiosity and make sure that, most of all, your ninja is having fun!
Summer 2021 camps run from July 5 – August 27. Camps are half-day, but you can combine AM and PM camps for a full-day experience (bring your own nut-free lunch for a supervised lunchtime). Morning sessions run from 9 am – 12 pm and afternoon sessions run from 1 pm – 4 pm. Code Ninjas even offers early drop-off and late pick-up for $25 / week each.
The line-up of 10 camps being offered in SW Edmonton this year are:
- Stop Motion Animation (ages 8-14) – Experiment with video production through a variety of mediums including Claymation, LEGO® Minifigures, pipe cleaner creatures, and much more!
- Become a YouTuber! (ages 8-14) – Ninjas will develop their YouTuber skills as they create and customize their own YouTube channel.
- Robotics Bootcamp using LEGO® Education Solutions (ages 8-14) – Using LEGO® Education Solutions, ninjas learn the fundamentals of designing, building, and coding robots.
- Hackers Wanted: Uncover the Code in Roblox (ages 10-14) – Spark your imagination and explore game concepts by digging deeper in the game making side of Roblox.
- Potential UNLOCKED: Become a Roblox Developer (ages 8-14) – In this hands-on, fully guided experience, ninjas will unlock their coding potentials as they plan, design, and build their own 3D world in Roblox.
- MakeCode Arcade with Meowbit (ages 8-14) – Code video games and bring them to life on a handheld gaming device – a Kittenbot Meowbit!
- Storytelling and Moviemaking in Minecraft® (ages 8-14) – Ninjas will gain an understanding of digital modeling processes and storytelling as they build scenes in their own Minecraft® world.
- Designing Modifications with Minecraft® (ages 8-14) – Manipulate and master Minecraft® by making unique mods (modifications)
- JR Maker Bootcamp: Essential Skills for STEM Learning (ages 5-7) – Through a variety of creative hands-on projects, ninjas will develop engineering and design skills.
- Adventures in 3D Printing (ages 8-14) – Ninjas will explore design thinking and the innovative process as they learn to create 3D designs in Tinkercad and print their amazing creations.
In-person camps are following strict guidelines to ensure that Ninjas and Sensei’s stay healthy and safe this summer! Registration is now open and camps are filling up quickly, so be sure to sign up today! Hi-Yah!
Code Ninjas Summer Camps:
When: July 5 – August 27, 2021
Time: Half day: 9 am – 12 pm or 1 pm – 4 pm; Combine 2 camps for a full-day experience
Address: 320 Windermere Rd NW, Edmonton