You are invited to bring the whole family to the Family Literacy Day event at the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Halifax. The Dartmouth Learning Network and the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Halifax (Dartmouth North Site) have teamed up to bring you a hands-on event to celebrate Family Literacy Day. This is an open-house style event so you can come for 30 minutes or stay for the full 3 hours. Admission is FREE and this event is open to the public.
Families with children aged 2 – 12 can drop by to participate in any or all of these free activities:
• have a family portrait taken by Tyler Colbourne of TeeJohnny Photography
• get a children’s book (thanks to First Book Canada and Farrell Benevolent Society)
• author reading
• take part in a book swap – bring books to trade with others
• create a passport
• enjoy healthy snacks and refreshments
• visit with live storybook characters (courtesy of the Village On Main)
• pick up great ideas for activities to do with your children
Family Literacy Day Celebration
When: Saturday, January 25th, 2020
Time: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Where: Boys & Girls Club of Greater Halifax (Dartmouth North Site)
Address: 60 Farrell Street, Dartmouth
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.