Don’t miss Saskatoon’s 4th Annual Nuit Blanche! This night-time arts festival has something for all-ages and, best of all, it’s FREE! Nuit Blanche is set to take Riversdale, Broadway area, and the Saskatoon downtown by storm, utilizing multiple venues and city streets to celebrate contemporary art, dance, theatre, and more. Of special interest to families at Nuit Blanche 2017:
- Edmonton’s Dylan Toymaker’s Festival Street Lantern display featuring wood and metal lanterns that will hang from trees in Friendship Park transforming the park floor into a kaleidoscope of light
- Interactive Mural, led by Saskatoon’s Cate Francis. Attendees of the festival contribute to a collaborative mural composed of glow-in-the-dark screenprints on the side of building, plus the opportunity to take your own print home!
- Saskatoon’s Laura Hale’s brilliant canopy of colour! ‘Underpass’ invites visitor to enter a nighttime, garden tunnel of flagging tape!
- Dee Lowe’s Child’s Play/It’s a Wrap Display. This interactive exhibit will consist of sewn paper and fabric dress forms that will hang behind the Saskatchewan Craft Council giving the illusion that views are standing in the backyard of a doll’s house. Festival goers are encouraged to cut, change, and add their own clothes patterns to the installation.
- ‘Scintillating/Scintillant’. Budding artists at Victoria School, Georges Vanier, St. Maria Goretti and St. Philip under the guidance of Monique Martin and Margaret Michel have been working to creative sculptural and interactive artworks using light!
Nuit Blanche Saskatoon
When: September 30, 2017
Time: 7pm – 1am
Where: Locations around Saskatoon
Website: Nuit Blanche Saskatoon
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.