This Family Day, the Richmond Children’s Arts Festival will spark creativity with FREE kid-friendly events & programs at the Richmond Cultural Centre.
Here are a few highlights of the planned activities:
- Let’s Make a Song!, an interactive performance by Peter G-G in the Performance Hall, where audience members will help him create and perform new songs on the spot, on his groovy guita-lele. Performances at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Pre-registration is recommended.
- Drawing and painting activities to make small hand-made books inspired by the Nourish exhibition. Led by local artist, Jeni Chen and presented by the Richmond Art Gallery, these activities include developing words and pictures to tell a story about your favourite food or place. This project is suitable for all ages with sessions at 11 a.m., noon, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Registration is required.
- Go on a Richmond Public Art scavenger hunt to take “tableau” selfies with nearby artworks. Registered participants will receive a free tote bag with a map, creative art supplies and instructions for a fun afternoon with your camera phone. Plus, enter for a chance to win a gift certificate from Toys R Us at Lansdowne Centre. Pre-registration recommended.
- New take-home kits, including bird watching, fishing, ukuleles and more from the Richmond Public Library. The Brighouse Branch will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. No registration is required.
- The Richmond Museum’s Reinventing Richmond exhibition and Creative City scavenger hunt to re-discover Minoru Park. Also, enter for a chance to win a gift certificate from Toys R Us at Lansdowne Centre. No registration is required.
- Tune in for a virtual live stream concert by young performer and songwriter, Rickie Wang. Presented by Branscombe House artist-in-residence Krystal Kiran, this performance will include a variety of original songs and compositions. This all-ages family program on Instagram – @BranscombeHouse is from 1 to 2 p.m. and requires parent participation, a computer, tablet or smartphone and access to the internet.
All provincial health orders requirements and City of Richmond COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place including facemasks, proof of vaccination and limited seating.
Richmond Children’s Arts Festival:
Dates: February 21, 2022
Times: 10am – 4pm
Location: Richmond Cultural Centre
Address: 7700 Minoru Gate, Richmond