Taking place on the last Saturday of every month, Super Saturdays is a series of public programs geared towards families. There are lots of activities that explore different features of the Fraser River, from its booming economy to its diverse ecosystem!
August 28, 2021: When you think of pollinators, you might immediately think of bees, but there are quite a few animals in the Fraser Watershed that help to pollinate our plants, like bats, butterflies, and even hummingbirds! Without them, plant-life in the basin would have a very hard time growing the fruits or seeds they need to create new plants, and entire habitats could be in big trouble!
Join the Fraser River Discovery Centre (FRDC) team and take inspiration from these real-life examples to create your own ideal plant designs, and think of ways we all can protect plant life in our communities!
- Learn about some of the native plants that thrive in the Fraser River basin such as salmonberries, fireweed, and devil’s club.
- Use colourful felt pieces to design your very own plant that could be found in the Fraser River watershed!
- Add your voice to our ‘Wishing Tree’ community project.
- COVID-19 safety protocols are in effect, and pre-registration is required. Please note that this program is intended for older children (aged 6+)
Pre-registration includes paid admission to the Discovery Center. Pay online when you register, and explore our galleries after the activity! All revenues go towards helping us with these and other public programs.
Book your visit here: https://form.jotform.com/202256435733251
Super Saturdays at the Fraser River Discovery Centre:
Date: Saturday, August 28, 2021
Time: 10am – 4pm
Location: Fraser River Discovery Centre
Address: 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster
- 1-hour time slots are available throughout the day. Pre-registration is required.
- Caretakers are asked to remain with their children for the duration of their visit.
- Group size is limited to five (5) individuals maximum.
- While visiting the Centre, groups are asked to follow physical distancing guidelines whenever possible.