Do you like to be in the know? Sign up for the monthly Family Fun Vancouver enewsletter. We give you a peek at all of the great, upcoming, family-friendly activities scheduled for Metro Vancouver.
Have your days been filled with ice cream, water parks, and sunscreen-slick kids? The heat is here, the activities & events are plentiful…summer 2017 is going to be amazing! Check out our Weekend Event Guide for July 22 & 23 and don’t forget to enter the contests we have running on Family Fun Vancouver.
1. Surrey Fusion Festival (Saturday & Sunday) – The Surrey Fusion Festival has received recognition around the world for it’s inclusiveness and uniqueness. Delicious treats from around the world are represented in the food pavilions. Catch Nelly Furtado, Bobs & Lolo and others at this FREE event.
2. Creatures of the Not So Deep (Saturday) – Who doesn’t love lying on the beach on a warm sunny day? Creatures of the not-so-deep, that’s who! Come face to face with sea stars, barnacles, crabs and more. Catch, observe and release beach creatures from a seine net. Be prepared to get muddy. This is a FREE event for all ages.
3. Port Moody Rib Fest (Friday – Sunday) – At the Port Moody Rotary Ribfest you will find 16 bands, 23 HOURS of FREE music, plus more BBQ than you could possibly eat. Enjoy treats from Gator BBQ, Boss Hogs, Smoke & Bones, Prairie Smoke & Spice, as well as Misty Mountain BBQ. Anyone else drooling yet?!
4. Boundary Bay Airshow (Saturday) – A FREE airshow?! Yup, that’s exactly what the Boundary Bay Airshow is. Come to see exciting aerial acts, modern and vintage airplanes, prizes, food vendors and kids activities. The line up for the 2017 airshow is packed full of talent & great entertainers.
5. Michaels Kids Club (Saturday): For just $2 your child can enjoy a crafting session at your local Michaels Store. This weekend the kids will be making a safari animal canvas.
6. Cineplex Family Favourites (Saturday): Take the family to your local Cineplex Theatre and enjoy A Monster Calls. Admission is just $2.99 per person. Show starts at 11am.
8. Newton Days (Saturday) – Family-friendly activities are happening all summer long! Enjoy a farmers’ market, kid-fun zone, face-painting, food trucks, henna, and Science World demonstrations.
9. Theatre Under the Stars (ongoing through the summer): For 2017 Theatre Under the Stars’ (TUTS) two shows are: Mary Poppins and The Drowsy Chaperone. Mary Poppins is the family-friendly production for this season. Those shows happen on odd days in July & even days in August.
10. Curious to know what other great family-fun events are happening in July? Check out our July event guide.
11. Need an activity bucket list for the summer? Start with our 100 Things to Do This Summer in Metro Vancouver. The list is packed full of great ideas for family activities throughout July & August.
Did you know you can submit your family-friendly event to us? Fill out the form with your event details, and send us a photo, and we’ll do our best to get your event added to our busy events calendar.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.