Join in the fun at the Canada Day Celebrations at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21. Come enjoy a fun-filled day of live multicultural music and performances, family-friendly activities, crafts, and so much more. Admission and activities are FREE all day.
The theme for this year’s Canada Day programming is HOPE. The Museum’s wish is that visitors come together to contemplate our past, celebrate our present, and imagine our future. The focus is on us, as the people who live on the land we now call Canada: Who we were, who we are now, and who we can become, together.
Canada is a complex country with colonialist roots that continue to impact our present. We must meaningfully confront racism in order to move forward. At the same time, our home is a place of relative freedom and peace that consistently serves as a safe haven for those imperilled and a land of possibility for those searching for a new beginning.
This year, the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 invites you to take the opportunity to consider the past and its effect on the present, to join in a celebration of our present commitment to multiculturalism, and to imagine a future of security and happiness for all those calling Canada home.
Indoor activities planned:
- 9:30am – 5:30pm: Admission to the Museum is FREE. Visitors can explore all of our exhibitions including the new special portrait exhibition The World of Yousuf Karsh
- 10am – 4pm: the Museum will be welcoming visitors for a number of activities reflecting on this year’s theme of HOPE – coming together to contemplate our past, celebrate our present, and imagine our future. The focus is on us, as the people who live on the land we now call Canada: Who we were, who we are now, and who we can become, together.
- 11am: Canada’s Storytellers: Dr. Mayann Francis, with the former Lieutenant Governor presenting her new children’s book, One Summer in Whitney Pier.
- 12pm – 2pm: performances will also be happening throughout the day kicking things off at noon with the Indian classical music of Atlantic Raag Sangeet, followed by multicultural dance performances. At 1:00 pm they will be welcoming Jah’Mila to the stage for some Reggae Music and then wrapping things up with none other than The Big Sing Halifax group for a Sing-Along activity.
- 10am -4pm: grab a family picture at the Museum’s photo booth
Outdoor activities planned:
- 10am – 3pm: DJs spinning music
- 10am – 3pm: chalk artists decorating the sidewalks around the Museum
Canada Day Celebrations at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21:
When: July 1, 2022
Time: 10am start
Where: Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
Address: 1055 Marginal Road, Halifax