At Little People’s Preschool, the math is simple… Play + Exploration = Learning Fun! All three Saskatoon locations are non-cooperative and staffed by certified early childhood educators trained in the Play and Exploration Program. For your preschooler, this means a preschool experience where children are free to learn and grow through hands-on experiences carefully chosen to aid in the development of the social and educational skills that will make transition into Kindergarten a breeze! 2020/2021 registration is NOW OPEN *, and if you’re wondering why choose Little People’s, let’s look at the math…
COVID-19 precautions have been factored in
Little People’s Preschool wants to keep everyone safe and healthy and have introduced the following measures:
- Class sizes are limited to 16 students
- Cookie social is being replaced with scheduled meet-the-teacher days
- Staggered drop-off and pick-up times (parents are encouraged to make these as quick and easy as possible)
- Caregivers will NOT be permitted into the building. Drop-offs and pick-ups will proceed with staff meeting parents/caregivers outside the school.
- If your child or any member in the household (with the exception of teething babies or toddlers) has fever, runny nose, or cough, your child must stay home
- If you plan to vacation outside of the province, your child is welcome back after a 14-day self-isolation period (NO tuition adjustments will be offered)
- Each student will only use their pencil, markers, glue sticks
- All communal art items will be sanitized between uses
- Hand washing / sanitizing practices will happen: upon arrival, before sensory play, before snack, and before free play
- Toys will be disinfected after each class along with scheduled, additional, deep cleaning of toys
- Tables will be cleaned after use; all other surfaces will be cleaned at after each class
- NO TOYS BROUGHT FROM HOME (with the exception of show and tell items, which will not be passed around)
- The school board has requested all adults entering the preschool buildings wear a mask or face covering
- If your child has a face mask, please send it. Children will be encouraged to wear it and keep it sanitary and safe during class time. They will be REQUIRED to wear it while not in their designated classroom.
- Staff will be wearing masks when unable to social distance and in common areas of the school
Flexibility is the common denominator
Little People’s Preschool offers a flexible U-pick program. Parents choose how many and which days work for their busy schedules. They can also choose from THREE GREAT locations at Ecole Sister O’Brien, Ecole St. Paul and St. Angela School.
There is a probability of French Language Learning
The Ecole St Paul and Ecole Sister O’Brien locations offer an introduction to French. Little ones interested in enhancing their French skills or preparing for entry into a French Immersion Kindergarten will love this opportunity to try on a few common French expressions.
Learning is directly proportional to FUN
Whatever location and program you choose, Little People’s play and exploration-centred programming promises one thing… the more you play, the more you’ll learn! Kids will love engaging in a supportive learning environment designed to meet them where they’re at, and parents will love hearing all about it!
…at a fraction of the cost!
The U-pick program starts at just $65.00 per month for a one-day program and with each additional day added, the cost per day comes down. Tuition subsidy is available through the Saskatoon Preschool Foundation at www.spf.sk.ca.
Little People’s Preschool:
When: September 2020 – June 2021
Locations: Ecole Sister O’Brien, 451 Silverwood Road; Ecole St. Paul, 1527 Alexandra Avenue; St. Angela School, 302 Russell Road
Contact: Director, Theresa Shepperd
* Due to temporary school closures, registrations forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 331 David Knight Cr., Saskatoon, SK, S7K 5L9
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.