During the 22nd Annual BC’s Family Fishing Weekend, June 18 – 20, 2021 (which is also Father’s Day weekend) Canadians can fish LICENCE FREE on both salt and fresh water (certain rules and regulations do apply though – check with your local tackle shop or FFW event if you have any questions or concerns. Make sure to visit the BC Family Fishing website.
In non-COVID years the BC Family Fishing Weekend is packed with family-events offering training, assistance, and fun. Due to the COVID restrictions the events can’t happen in 2021. However there is a FREE Family Fishing webinar happening June 12.
Schedule: June 12 9am – 5pm
- 9:00 to 9:40 – It’s A Trout Life
- 10:00 to 11:00 – Learn to Fish Families
- 11:00 to 12:00 – Lure Making
- 12:00 to 13:00 – Hatchery Tour
- 13:00 to 14:00 – Learn to Fish Adults
- 14:00 to 15:00 – Fly Tying
- 15:00 to 16:00 – Fishing Ethics and Etiquette
- 16:00 to 17:00 – Accessible Fishing
The virtual event is free to attend but all participants must pre-register HERE.