This summer families can once again stroll through the 1920’s village found in Burnaby. Many of the exhibits are open with staff ready to interact and share their expertise in all things historical.
- Stop by the Burnaby Lake General Store to learn about popular store purchases in the 1920’s
- Check out the newly renovated Way Sang Yuen Wat Kee & Co. Herbalist shop in the Village to discover the role Chinese medicine has played in shaping communities like Burnaby
- Visit the Jesse Love Farmhouse to experience a historic family home
- Explore the history of Chinese-Canadians in Burnaby at our feature exhibit, Across the Pacific, in The Stride Studios
- Explore the new Agents of Change outdoor exhibit at the Carousel Plaza and discover the inspiring stories of people who have taken a stand to promote or support social justice
- Learn about schooling in early Burnaby at Seaforth School
- Find out what a blacksmith does at Wagner’s Blacksmith Shop
- Explore the evolution of steam power and its impact on today’s machinery at the Steam Shed on Tuesdays
- View the Interurban Tram Car #1223 in the Tram Barn
- Visit the Learning House where Indigenous Educators share their knowledge of Coast Salish history and culture (Not open daily. Dates and times vary)
- Download the summer scavenger hunt [PDF – 2 MB] to enjoy self-guided fun and educational adventure through the village
- Treat yourself at the Ice Cream Parlour (limited to-go menu items, contactless payment only)
- Shop for unique, historical finds and sweet treats at the Carousel gift shop (1 household allowed in the gift shop at one time, contactless payment only)
Please note exhibits and details are subject to change.
Please note that the Carousel is closed and that exhibits and details are subject to change.
Advance online reservations are required. Visitors without reservations will be permitted entry only if there is space available to ensure we are compliant with health regulations. Entrance times to the museum are set to every hour starting at 11am, with a final time slot option at 3pm.
- At this time, there is a maximum of six people booked per reservation request. People should be visiting with their household or core bubble.
- All visitors must arrive at their booked time.
- If you have not checked in by 10 minutes into the start of your booking, your spot may be given to someone in the standby line.
- If you miss your entry time, you may not be allowed into the Museum and you may be asked to book another day and time for your visit.
- If you need to reschedule your visit please contact the box office at 604-205-3000 or email email@example.com
As always, admission is FREE!
Burnaby Village Museum 2021:
Dates: May 1 – September 6, 2021 (Tuesday – Sunday, and statutory holidays)
Times: 11am – 4:30pm
Address: 6501 Deer Lake Ave, Burnaby, BC
Telephone: (604) 297-4565