Visit the Burnaby Village Museum and experience heritage. Stroll down the streets of a 1920s community. A village has been created with both heritage & replica buildings. Period costumed townsfolk give demonstrations in the homes, businesses & shops: watch the blacksmith at the forge, listen to the rhythm of the platen press, mind the teacher in the schoolhouse, help churn butter & catch an old movie in the theatre. Be sure to take in the elegance of the Interurban #1223. This mode of transportation was ahead of its time. A ride on the 1912 CW Parker Carousel is sure to please.
- Stop by the Burnaby Lake General Store to learn about popular store purchases in the 1920’s
- Check out the newly renovated Way Sang Yuen Wat Kee & Co. Herbalist shop in the Village to discover the role Chinese medicine has played in shaping communities like Burnaby
- Visit the Jesse Love Farmhouse to experience a historic family home
- Explore the history of Chinese-Canadians in Burnaby at our feature exhibit, Across the Pacific, in The Stride Studios
- Explore the new Agents of Change outdoor exhibit at the Carousel Plaza and discover the inspiring stories of people who have taken a stand to promote or support social justice
- Learn about schooling in early Burnaby at Seaforth School
- Find out what a blacksmith does at Wagner’s Blacksmith Shop
- Explore the evolution of steam power and its impact on today’s machinery at the Steam Shed on Tuesdays
- View the Interurban Tram Car #1223 in the Tram Barn
- Visit the Learning House where Indigenous Educators share their knowledge of Coast Salish history and culture (Not open daily. Dates and times vary)
- Download the summer scavenger hunt [PDF – 2 MB] to enjoy self-guided fun and educational adventure through the village
- Treat yourself at the Ice Cream Parlour
- Shop for unique, historical finds and sweet treats at the Carousel gift shop
- Please note exhibits and details are subject to change.
As always, admission is FREE! Carousel rides are $2.65 each.
Burnaby Village Museum:
Dates: May 7 – September 5, 2022 (Tuesday – Sunday, and statutory holidays)
Times: 11am – 4:30pm
Address: 6501 Deer Lake Ave, Burnaby, BC
Telephone: (604) 297-4565