This coming Canada Day July 1st, 2021, Port Coquitlam will focus on safely connecting at home in recognition that Canada Day this year will be a time of reflection for many.
Activities on July 1 will include:
- Lions Club drive-through pancake breakfast at Riverside secondary from 8 to 11 a.m. (first-come, first-served)
- Port Coquitlam firefighters’ annual salmon barbecue drive-through at Firehall #1 at 1725 Broadway St. from 11 am – 2 pm (first-come, first-served) Fundraiser for the Port Coquitlam Professional Firefighters Charitable Society ($10 for burger, chips and drink).
- Lions Park Artists-in-Residence art-making demonstrations, celebrating the social connections between trees, at Lions Park from 1 – 4 pm
- Art Focus Association’s “Visions and Vistas” online movie, with scenes highlighting the city’s beauty and featuring over 80 art pieces.
- Port Coquitlam Farmers Market from 3 -7 pm in Leigh Square, including special Canada Day offerings.
- PoCo Heritage Museum and Archives – Road to Confederation – This year British Columbia will celebrate its 150th anniversary of joining confederation. On July 20th, 1871 BC became the sixth province of Canada. What drove BC join Canada? What was BC like in the lead up to Confedertaion? To find out come check out PoCo Heritage Museum and Archives’ display “Road to Confederation” located in PoCo City Hall.
Canada Day in Port Coquitlam:
When: July 1, 2021