Canada Day in Port Coquitlam kicks off early with the Lions Club Pancake Breakfast (8am) and the annual FREE fishing derby for kids 10 and under. The pancake breakfast is $5/adult & $3/child under 10 years of age. There are also prizes for kids aged 10 & under who participate in the fishing derby.
After breakfast head on over to Castle Park for the Opening Ceremonies and cake cutting at noon, the Community Showcase, children’s activities and International Bazaar run from 12:30-5:00pm. Don’t miss the ever popular Firefighter’s Salmon BBQ which starts at 2:00pm. Never fear, the day will be filled with music and the evening concludes with 10pm fireworks.
Here’s the complete line up for the events happening at both Lions Park and Castle Park.
- 8-11:30 am: Pancake breakfast served by the local Lions Club ($5/adult, $3/child under 10) and a free fishing derby with prizes for children age 10 and under (register on-site – Lions Park).
- 12:00 pm: Opening ceremonies, national anthem, flag raising and cake
- 12:30-5:00 pm: Community showcase – Featuring local performers and choral groups.
- 12:00-5:00 pm: a variety of free children’s activities including face painting, a creation station, a kids’ activity zone, bungee runs, bouncy castle and more.
- 12:00-5:00 pm: Community marketplace – explore a variety of community and cultural displays.
- Noon to dusk: an impressive lineup of food vendors: tacos, Asian fusion, pizza and more.
- 12:00 pm – 6 pm: – Salmon Barbecue – Port Coquitlam Firefighters continue the annual tradition of serving up a complete salmon dinner for $12. The popular barbecue is usually a sell-out. All proceeds go to the BC Professional Fire Fighters Burn Fund. Hamburgers and hotdogs will also be available.
- 12:00-10pm – NEW for 2019: a beer garden hosted by Taylight Brewing
- 5:00-10 pm: Bring a blanket to enjoy the music acts leading up to the fireworks featuring: Hickelstock, Western Jaguar, Disco Funeral, Destineak, and The Darby Mills Project.
- Dusk: Grande finale pyro musical featuring the music of all female Canadian artists.
Canada Day in Port Coquitlam:
When: July 1, 2019
Time: 8am – 11:30 & 12:30 – 10pm
Where: 8am @ Lions Park; 12:00 @ Castle Park
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.