The City of Coquitlam turns Lafarge Lake into a magical, dazzling display of lights every winter. As you wander around the waters edge you are treated to varying light installations. Look for the flowers made out of recyclables, the chandelier that dazzles from above, the whimsical creatures poking out from amongst the trees.
While the walk is stroller-friendly it isn’t all paved. There is one section (around the far end of the lake) that is comprised of unpaved paths which are a bit bumpy.
On the opening night (November 30th) the City of Coquitlam is hosting a special pre-lighting event (from 6pm – 8:30pm). The festive fun includes:
- Checking out the roving performers
- Getting crafty with all the festive activities
- Fill up on tasty food trucks
- Getting ready for a special photo with Santa
- Buying those special items at the Holiday Market
- Listening to choirs sing your favourite Christmas carols
- Taking the opportunity to snap a perfect holiday photo in the photo booth
Be sure to dress for the weather and wear comfy shoes. The ground is uneven in places and you are outside for quite a while. So bundle up, bring some hot chocolate, and be dazzled by the beautiful lights.
Lights at Lafarge:
When: November 30, 2019 – January 19, 2020
Time: 5:30pm – 11pm
Where: Lafarge Lake, Town Centre Park
Address: 1299 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam