This is not your average boot camp!
Shumka Summer Dance Camps are put on by the internationally-acclaimed Shumka Ukrainian Dance company. They offer day and overnight camps for all ages and abilities, aimed as inspiring campers to pursue Ukrainian dance, culture and arts, but also to offer a Summer camp experience that’s second to none! Participants will dance hard and play hard! It’s the perfect chance to advance dance abilities, make new friends, and have a whole lot of FUN!
Day camps are offered for kids aged 3 to 12 at the Shumka Dance Centre in Edmonton. Choose from Shumka Minis, Motion Mania or the brand-new Bannock and Borscht camp, inspired by the popular “Ancestors and Elders” production. Days are full of more than just dancing – kids will enjoy crafts, stories and off-site adventures like swimming, rock climbing, gymnastics and more! Before and after* day camp care is also available. (*After-camp care is not available for Shumka Minis.)
- Shumka Minis (age 3-5) – July 1-5, 2019 or July 15-19, 2019
- Motion Mania (age 6-8) – July 1-5, 2019
- Motion Mania (age 9-12) – July 15-19, 2019
- Bannock and Borscht (age 6-8) – July 1-5, 2019
- Bannock and Borscht (age 9-12) – July 15-19, 2o19
Overnight camps are offered for participants aged 10 and up at Camp Oselia on Wabamun Lake. Each day includes high-calibre Ukrainian dance training, plus outdoor camp fun like swimming, water sports, camp fires and more! Campers age 14 and up can also opt for the two-week intensive camp experience.
- Overnight X-Treme (age 10-13) – July 7-13, 2019 or August 4-10, 2019
- Overnight X-Treme (age 14+) – July 7-13, 2019; August 4-10, 2019 or August 11-17, 2019
- Overnight X-Treme 2-week Mania (age 14+) – August 4-17, 2019
Registration is now open for the 2019 Shumka Summer Dance Camps.
Shumka Summer Dance Camps:
Where: Shumka Dance Centre, 10515 – 111 Street, Edmonton
Camp Oselia on Wabamun Lake, Range Road 53, Highway 16
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.