While Metro Vancouver was getting a record-tying TWENTY-SEVEN days of rain in November, the mountains accumulated loads of snow. So while we all complained about the endless wet, we really should have been focussing on the fact that the ski hills were getting all the fluffy white stuff they needed to open.
On December 1st 2017 Mt Seymour opened for the season. Do you have your passes yet? For the 2017/18 the mountain resort has expanded their reciprocal agreement. Mt Seymour season pass holders will be able to enjoy 2 complimentary lift tickets at Mt Washington, Manning Park and Apex Mountain Resort. That’s $410 worth of lift tickets when you purchase a $349 season pass. Any additional lift tickets can be purchased at a 25% discount. Now that’s awesome!
Mt Seymour, located in North Vancouver, is perfect for families!
- there is a shuttle bus from Parkgate Community Centre, as well as Rupert SkyTrain Station, to the mountaintop resort (Season pass holders can purchase a shuttle bus pass for $99 for the season, or $16 round trip from Rupert Skytrain, and $10 round trip from Parkgate. More info can be found here: www.mtseymour.ca/shuttle-bus)
- ski lessons are available all season long for all levels of skiiers
- the mountain has 40 runs (green, blue, black) covering 200 acres
- don’t ski? That’s okay! Check out the snowshoeing, tobogganing and tubing areas
- and don’t worry if you don’t have ski gear! The Mt Seymour Rental Season Pass is ridiculously convenient. All you need to do is email, complete website reservation or call before you come up to the mountain, and your equipment will be ready & waiting for you. And yes, you are able to switch back & forth between skis and snowboards on your rental pass
One of the things I like best about Mt Seymour is that it is a manageable size for families. Some resorts are HUGE, scary huge. I’m not a fan of my kids getting too far away from me. And seeing as they are better skiers than me getting out of my eyesight isn’t exactly challenging. Mt Seymour feels manageable. The crowds aren’t out of control, the facilities aren’t cavernous, and there is a wonderfully small-town, cozy feel to this resort.
Mt Seymour has a truly awesome deal: 3SKI where you can ride or ski, with rentals 3 times for as little as $99. It’s an amazing deal! There are limited quantities of the 3Ski Passes so when they’re sold out they’re sold out. So get your 3SKI passes today!
We are so excited the 2017/18 season at Mt Seymour is starting early. Here’s to regular snowfalls throughout the winter months so we can ski well into April. My kids will be so excited they’ll be begging to skip school tomorrow and get up the mountain. See you there!
Date: Season starts December 1, 2017
Time: the first chair goes at 1pm; weekend hours are 9am – 4pm. Keep watching their website as hours will change as the season progresses
Address: 1700 Mt Seymour Road, North Vancouver