Explore the darkest depths of the ocean to uncover what is lurking beneath The Haunted Sea at the Steveston Cannery. This annual art installation returns this year using upcycled materials to raise awareness of the plastic that haunts and hurts the ocean and sea life just below the surface. Wander through the Herring Reduction Plant and explore the art created from styrofoam and plastic materials rescued by volunteers and turned into something beautiful and educational.
Tips for visiting The Haunted Sea:
- Advanced tickets are not required. Regular admission fees apply.
- Tour is self-guided and suitable for kids of all ages.
- The installation will be inside the Herring Reduction Plant; all other areas in the Cannery will remain open as usual.
- Dress for the weather. The historic cannery is built on top of the Fraser River, and there is no interior heating (but there is a roof over your head, so you will stay dry!)
- Costumes are encouraged on Halloween weekend.
The Haunted Sea
When: October 15-31, 2022
Where: Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site
Address: 12138 Fourth Avenue Richmond, BC, Canada V7E 3J1