Like everything Carousel Theatre for Young People does their Spring Break camps are magic and full of fun! Would you expect anything different? Imagination grows, focus and confidence improve, teamwork skills are honed through the their interactive, small class-size camps. Introduce your child to the behind-the-scenes world of theatre for a truly remarkable Spring Break camp experience.
Carousel Theatre for Young People Spring Break Camps are for kids aged 7-12 years who are eager to learn about the world of theatre. Through games, storytelling, improvisation, and character creation the camp participants will have the chance to satiate their love for the stage. Camps are active and participatory; they encourage independent thinking and collaboration with others. The young actors will gain performance tools while sharing their ideas in a collaborative space. Weather permitting, students will spend some time having fun outdoors on Granville Island.
Looking for additional information about the CTYP Spring Break Camps? Read on!
- Students will enjoy morning and afternoon blocks of drama games and activities, plus a supervised lunch break.
- Please note that bursaries are available for the Carousel Theatre for Young People drama programs.
- Pre- and Post-Camp Supervision is available, please see below.
- Friends and family are invited to an Open House during the last class to enjoy a short demonstration of the week’s favourite games and activities!
- Students should bring a water bottle and a healthy snack.
- Students will not be permitted to leave the building unaccompanied to purchase lunch, so please do not send students with cash.
- CTYP drama studios is a nut free facility; please ensure all snacks brought to class are nut free and that students wash their hands before coming to class.
CTYP Spring Break Camps run week days from 9am – 4pm. Pre- and post-camp supervision is available:
8:30am – 9am: $25 per week in addition to camp tuition
4pm – 5:30pm: $75 per week in addition to camp tuition
Before- and after-camp supervision can be purchased online at the same time as you register your child for their Spring Break camp. Add them to your cart from the main ticketing page.
Carousel Theatre for Young People Spring Break Camps:
Dates: March 16 – 27, 2020 (week days)
Times: 9am – 4pm
Location: CTYP Arts Complex
Address: 1411 Cartwright Street, Granville Island, Vancouver
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.