The smell of the grass, the feel of the worn-in mitt on your hand, the whoosh of the ball flying toward you. There are few feelings that scream “Spring” like baseball, and Whalley Little League is top-notch to learn exceptional skills in a fun environment.
Whalley Little League has a history of excellence. From humble beginnings in 1956 in a mostly underdeveloped area, to the organization it is today, Whalley Little League credits its success to the dedication of volunteers, parents and of course, the players for continually giving their all. Whalley Little League, players learn courage, character, and loyalty that they will carry from the playing field to their lives after baseball. With divisions for children ages 4-15 years old, joining the team is a fun and affordable way to learn the game at the best facilities in the Lower Mainland. The teams are co-ed and are based on age and skill levels. Whalley Little League has been to the World Series in Williamsport, Pennsylvania 6 times. Will 2023 be the year they return?
Anyone that lives in the boundaries of Surrey and North Delta is encouraged to register for the Spring League, which runs from April to June. Age groups 5-14 have summer ball starting in June. Ages 7-14 have Allstar Tier 1 and 2 tryouts for summer ball tournaments. Parents are strongly encouraged to volunteer as coaches, umpires, league board members, and other volunteer positions. Volunteer your time and get involved with a great organization!
Register today for our spring season (April to mid-June) and embark on a lifelong journey to learn and enjoy baseball. Which division is right for your child? Find out below.
4U Blastball (Age 4)
- Introduction to baseball using soft, oversized balls
- Lots of parent participation
- Emphasis on having fun!
Mini Division (Age 5-7)
- Team of 10-13 players
- One game/practice per week, 2 games/practices on weekends
- Special softer balls used for this age division
Rookie Division (Age 7& 8)
- Emphasis is placed on skill development and having fun
- This is the first year of competition
- “All coaches & players” clinic once a week to learn fundamentals, in addition to practices & games
Minor Division (Age 9-12)
- 11-13 players on each team
- This division is for players with less experience.
Major Division (Age 9-12)
- Most competitive atmosphere for this age group
- Emphasis is placed on accomplishment and player positioning becoming more defined.
- This division’s level of competition equates to Rep Hockey or Soccer
- Summer season (All-Star) teams selected from this division have opportunities to participate in District, Provincial, National, and the Little League World Series, depending on their successes at each progressive tournament.
Junior Division (Age 13-15)
- Two “All-Star” teams are selected from this division to compete in international tournaments.
- Competitive spring season. Division interlocking with teams from other associations throughout the Lower Mainland
- Summer season features opportunities to enter Little League International Tournaments that lead to Intermediate and Junior League World Series
Not sure if baseball is right for your child? Head to the FREE Learn to Play session in February. Coaches will be on hand to introduce children aged 5-10 years old to the game. Gloves and equipment will be provided!
Whalley Little League
Date: Registration: December 15, 2022- April 15, 2023 (12am). League: April-June, 2023
Address: P.O Box 33512, Central City Mall, Surrey