Celebrate Cultural Days with the City of Surrey at Guildford Town Centre. There’s lots of free activities and performances planned. Find the fun at Centre Court, located in the middle of the mall outside the lower level of the Hudson’s Bay store.
Bring your family and stay for some or stay for them all! Activities and performances will take place from 1pm to 5pm.
Art Activity – Create your own art monster sun catcher at Surrey Art Gallery’s pop-up art booth! Friendly and experienced artist-educators and volunteers will encourage your imagination as you explore recycled materials for your take-home artwork. Plus, don’t forget your art monster stamp and button!
Heritage Activities – Try Surrey heritage activities at the Surrey Archives booth:
- spin the wheel to match then-and-now photos of Surrey,
- dig through a suitcase packed with artifacts, and
- see a slideshow of how the city used to look.
Learn about pioneer life in the 1900s at the Historic Stewart Farm booth:
- see historical objects,
- play Guess the Gadget, and
- take home some heirloom seeds.
Visit the Museum of Surrey booth to:
- take the “Guess the Artifact Challenge”
- make your own button featuring Raj, the rambunctious raccoon mascot, and
- take a picture with Raj the mascot.
Performances – Surrey Civic Theatres shares sneak peeks from its 2019/2020 season as well as some of Surrey’s musical talent. These performances happen at different times between 1pm and 5pm.
- Sitar Guitar Collaboration
- Indigenous Storytelling
- Dance Lessons
- Surrey Youth Musicians
Culture Days in Surrey:
Date: September 28, 2019
Time: 1pm – 5pm
Location: Guildford Towne Centre
Address: 10355 152nd Street, Surrey
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.