Please note there are new COVID-procedures in place for 2020. You can learn more about the new policies here.
Every June our family sits down and brainstorms a summer-activity-bucket-list. And every year Cultus Lake WaterPark is the first must-do on our list. If they had their way, our boys would move in the day school let out for the summer, and return home from the water park at the end of the summer.
Tots Castle is a charming faux-sandcastle has a wading pool, and SIX tot-friendly slides with landing pads. The littles always have great fun splashing in the shallow water.
Cultus Lake WaterPark goes out of their way to make life easy for families:
- A large selection of excellent quality life jackets are available to all visitors. If you have a child who isn’t 100% confident in the water, slap a red PFD on them.
- Little kids can go down almost all of the slides WITH their parents (there are very helpful measurement guides at the base of every slide clearly explaining height requirements for sliding alone or sliding with a parent)
- Be it wading pools, water spray parks, or an insane pirate-themed water-dumping jungle gym, there is ample entertainment for those either needing a break from sliding or kids who are a bit too young to partake in the big slides.
- You can rent anything you forgot: beach umbrella, BBQ, shorts, towel, and lounge chair
- You can rent a locker to store all your valuables ($5 rental plus $5 deposit)
- You can bring in your own food and drinks (as long as the drinks are in sealed containers and don’t contain alcohol). Alternatively you can bring in your own EMPTY water bottle and use one of the re-filling stations.
- If you want to skip dragging food with you there are a number of food venues on site: burgers, pizza, fish-n-chips, ice cream and more.
- Scattered throughout the water park are dozens upon dozens of picnic tables. The majority of them are under tents. The tents are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. I especially appreciated the fact that the tables are numbered. We were able to instruct our boys that if we got separated table 140 was our home base
Here are a few tips to help make your day at the Cultus Lake Waterpark even more successful: (please note many of these tips apply to a non-COVID summer)
- Put on the sunscreen at home (not only will it give the sunscreen time to soak in, you won’t be stuck trying to smear sunscreen a wiggly-excited kid at the base of a waterslide)
- Arrive EARLY! The gates open at 10am and the crowds are very minimal until noon (at least that’s been the case every year we’ve visited)
- If possible, visit mid-week. Fridays through Mondays are the busiest days
- By arriving early you will have no trouble securing a covered picnic table. I highly recommend the tables at the base of the slides.
- Bring your own food; its a great way to save a few pennies. Gotta love a venue that actually helps families with expenses – and dietary restrictions – by allowing outside food.
- Go on the slides that have the tubes/mats first. After you’ve had your fill on those rides move over to the body-sliding rides. The tube-rides get very busy as the day wears on, so it is best to take advantage of the short lines at the start of the day.
The 11 main slides vary greatly from one another and offer thrills to satisfy all types of daredevils. My 10 year old’s favourite ride is the Zero-60 Raceway (face-first down a massive bumpy slide racing against your friends and family). Our 8 year old thinks the Rattler is awesome (this chicken-mama thought sliding down a completely enclosed and, therefore pitch-black slide, was madness). My husband loves the Radical Rapids. And my top pick is the Colossal Canyon (I love that our whole family can go on a ride together).
The breeze off Cultus Lake combined with the refreshingly cool water from the slides, keeps everyone in great spirits all day long. Guaranteed fun awaits families at the Cultus Lake WaterPark.
Cultus Lake Waterpark:
When: opens July 8, 2020
Time: 9:30am – 6:30pm
Address: 4150 Columbia Valley Highway, Chilliwack
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.