Trains, Santa, hot chocolate? The North Pole Express is every child’s dream! Head to the Railway Museum of British Columbia (formerly known as the West Coast Heritage Railway) in Squamish for this must-do holiday experience.
Travel aboard the North Pole Express for a 50-minute long train ride filled with cookies, hot chocolate and Christmas carolling. There are 4 (and sometimes 5) departures per day. After your train ride, be sure to visit the North Pole inside the Railway Museum of BC’s giant Roundhouse. Children will meet Santa and Mrs Claus, ride the mini train, decorate a gingerbread cookie, and take part in other Christmas-themed activities.
Tickets are on sale now! The North Pole Express is an incredibly popular event and tickets sell out quickly. You can purchase your tickets online.
Important information for your visit to the North Pole Express:
- arrive 30-45 minutes before your scheduled departure
- remember cash as parking is $5 per vehicle
- ensure you have appropriate tires to travel on the Sea to Sky Highway (find out the regulations here)
- proof of COVID vaccination is required to attend this event. Please note all staff and volunteers at the Railway Museum of British Columbia are fully vaccinated.
Ride the North Pole Express:
When: November 27, 28, December 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 2021
Time: 10am, noon, 2pm, or 4pm (there is also a 6pm train every Saturday)
Where: Railway Museum of British Columbia
Address: From Vancouver it is about an hour drive north on Highway 99 along the spectacular Howe Sound to Squamish. Go approximately 2km past the McDonald’s stop until you come to Industrial Way. There is a traffic light at the intersection. Turn left and go to the stop sign at Queens Way. Turn right and follow the signs. After the BC Rail tracks, you will see the entrance sign on the right (the parking lot is on the left).
Enter to Win!
One lucky Family Fun Vancouver reader is about to win 4 tickets to ride the North Pole Express! Here are all the ways you can earn entries into the contest:
- like the post on Facebook
- comment on the post on Facebook
- tag a friend on the post on Facebook
- like the post on Instagram
- comment on the post on Instagram
- share the post to your Instagram stories
- tag a friend on the post on Instagram
We will draw the name of the winner on November 15, 2021. Good luck!