Get tickets! Seriously don’t miss out on the beloved East Van Panto. A holiday tradition, an exceptional Christmas gift idea, or just because you want to laugh yourself silly, tickets to the East Van Panto are a must.
The hilarious English panto tradition returns for the 9th year to East Vancouver. Take a classic fairy tale, add in gobs of sarcasm, singing, and many colourful characters and you’ve got yourself a British Christmas tradition. This year The Cultch and Theatre Replacement present East Van Panto: Alice in Wonderland
Join Alice as she follows the White Rabbit into a topsy-turvy version of East Vancouver. Meet a delightfully curious cast of characters, jam to parodies of pop songs, and help Alice on her quest to stop the dastardly Queen of Hearts!
Yes, pantos are full of over-the-top insanity but I can guarantee you will laugh like never before. If you haven’t experienced a proper panto be sure to add it to your bucket list. Here are a few “rules” to help you enjoy the show:
- when the “bad guy” appears on stage the audience hisses & boos
- when there is something going on behind the hero/heroine the audience yells “look out behind you”
- when someone says “oh yes it is”, the audience shouts “oh no it isn’t!”
- audience participation is a must
- moms & dads be sure to keep an ear out for the plentiful, and often ludicrous, double entendres
Tickets to East Van Panto: Alice in Wonderland are available online and start at $29. For 2021, you can choose between an in-person performance or an at-home viewing. The Cultch recommends East Van Panto: Alice in Wonderland for kids ages 5 and up. **And please don’t forget that this show is at the YORK THEATRE!