Due to the current provincial health orders, Heritage Christmas is cancelled until further notice.
Experience the old-fashioned magic of Christmas at Heritage Christmas at the Burnaby Village Museum. Stroll through the 1920’s village and enjoy spectacular lights, vintage-themed displays and historical exhibits.
Tips to make your experience more enjoyable:
- Advance reservations are recommended. A limited number of people will be allowed into Heritage Christmas at one time. Visitors without reservations will be permitted entry only if there is space available to ensure the venue is compliant with health regulations.
- Prior to visiting, download the Twelve Days of Christmas Scavenger Hunt.
- Stop by the Burnaby Lake General Store to browse the Christmas light display and learn about popular store purchases in the 1920’s
- Check out the newly renovated Way Sang Yuen Wat Kee & Co. Herbalist shop in the Village to discover the role Chinese medicine has played in shaping communities like Burnaby
- Visit the Jesse Love Farmhouse to experience a historic family home lovingly decorated for the holidays
- Explore the history of Chinese-Canadians in Burnaby at their feature exhibit, Across the Pacific, in The Stride Studios
- Chat with the teacher at Seaforth School and learn about schooling in early Burnaby
- Find out what a blacksmith does during daily demonstrations at Wagner’s Blacksmith Shop
- Check out an interesting steam demonstration at the Steam Shed on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Treat yourself at the Ice Cream Parlour (limited to-go menu items, contactless payment only)
Please note the Carousel and gift shop are closed.
Reservations for Heritage Christmas open on Monday, November 16 at 9am. To book your day and time please call Burnaby Village Museum at 604-297-4565 during office hours:
Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm
Saturday and Sunday 1:30-8:30pm
Heritage Christmas at Burnaby Village Museum:
When: cancelled for 2020
Where: Burnaby Village Museum
Address: 6501 Deer Lake Avenue, Burnaby, BC