Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre (NMC), is ready to rock for Canada’s birthday!
Explore Canada’s rich musical history through five floors of exhibitions, and enjoy live tunes, pop-up activities, and FREE* admission all day on July 1, courtesy of Bell. Canada Day also marks Studio Bell’s third anniversary. To thank the community for its support, NMC will be offering 50% off all NMC Memberships for one day only on July 1. Memberships will be available for purchase online at www.studiobell.ca and in-person.
Highlights of the day include:
- “O Canada” sing-along
- Dueling pianos from the NMC Collection in an all-Canadian song battle
- Bell commemorative digital photo experience
- Air Guitar Workshop: Geddy Lee Edition with Jett Thunders
- Jazz up your special decoder sunglasses for the Corey Hart exhibit
- Get in the chill zone with screenings of the best NMC interviews with Canadian artists
- Foot-stomping live music and barn dancing in the new Homegrown Country exhibit
- Kimball Theatre Organ performances and pop-up demonstrations of unique NMC Collection items
- Explore the iHeartRadio Lounge and the history of personal radio devices, their impact on popular music and listening habits, and the current musical landscape
- Live musical street performers outside of Studio Bell throughout the day
Cap off your day at Studio Bell with a garden party at the King Eddy.
*Admission on Canada Day will be first-come, first served.
Studio Bell Canada Day:
When: July 1, 2019
Time: 10 am to 5 pm
Where: Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre
Address: 850 4 Street SE, Calgary, AB
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.