Eating out is one of life’s great pleasures, but when you’ve got extra mouths to feed, restaurant meals can get very expensive, very quickly. Thankfully, there are some restaurants in town that offer complimentary kids’ meals on certain days! Here’s our round-up of when and where kids can eat for free (or nearly so) in Calgary:
Monday Kids’ Deals
China Rose – Monday evenings between 5 & 9
- Kids eat free on Mondays, between 5 and 9 pm. They also offer free pop (to anyone) on Wednesdays, 5 to 9 pm.
Via Cibo – Mondays
- Kids eat free with the purchase of an adult entree
Costa Vida – Mondays
- Kids eat free with the purchase of an adult meal
Tuesday Kids’ Deals
Denny’s – Tuesdays from 4 – 10 pm
- For every one adult entree ordered from the general menu, up to two kids under 10 can eat free from the Kids’ Menu free.
East Side Mario’s – free meals with membership in kids’ club
- Kids 12 and under can join the Mini Mario Club to receive special offers by email and snail mail, including free kids’ meals. After signing up online, you’ll receive a membership card with 5 FREE Kids Eat Big meals and 5 FREE Chillers.
Montana’s Cookhouse – Tuesdays
- Famous for their tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs, Montana’s is also a fantastic restaurant for families. Kids love colouring on the paper-lined tables, the fun decor, and the kid-friendly food choices. On Tuesdays kids 12 and under can eat free. One child meal per adult meal (entree valued at $9.99 or more).
The Park Kitchen & Bar – Tuesdays
- This cool and modern restaurant in Quarry Park offers ‘Kids Eat Free’ on Tuesdays. Kids must be under 12 to take advantage of this deal.
Ripe Tomato Pizza – Tuesday evenings
- Kids eat free Tuesday evenings at all 4 Calgary Ripe Tomato locations!
Wednesday Kids’ Deals
Applebees Grill & Bar – Wednesday evenings after 5 pm
- Kids eat for $1.99 Wednesday nights after 5 pm, with the purchase of an adult entrée.
Thursday Kids’ Deals
IHOP – Thursdays from 4 – 10 pm
- Kids eat free from 4 – 10 pm. Get one free kids’ entree with each adult entree.
Friday Kids’ Deals
Humpty’s – Fridays from 5 – 9 pm
- Children 10 and under – one child meal per adult meal valued at $11 or greater.
Sunday Kids’ Deals
Ric’s Lounge & Grill – Sundays 10:30 am – 10:30 pm
- From 10:30 am to 10:30 pm on Sundays, one child aged 12 and under can receive a free kids’ meal with each purchase of an adult main course. Also on Sundays, Ric’s offers free heated underground parking.
Salt & Pepper – $3 Sundays
- Kids eat for just $3 on Sundays.
- Kids eat free on Sundays. Spot on also has a Kids’ Club. Sign up and your child received a birthday gift in the mail!
Everyday Kids’ Deals
IKEA – deals vary by day
- While IKEA no longer has a ‘Kids Eat Free’ night, even regular priced IKEA meals qualify as insanely cheap. And they do have specials, such as “$2.99 for pasta with marinara sauce, every Thursday after 3 pm”, or a “10 Swedish meatball meal for $3.99 after 3 pm on Fridays”. Click the link for full details of the daily specials. Also, Ikea breakfasts are an incredible value. There are various options that cost as little as $2.49.
Phil’s Restaurant’s in Calgary – daily
- Kids eight years old and under receive complimentary dollar size pancakes when dining with their parents.
Ricky’s – free meal when you join the birthday club
- Kids can join the Ricky’s Birthday Club and get a free mail coupon emailed just before their birthday.
Smitty’s – free meal upon joining kids’ club and for your child’s birthday
- When your child (10 and under) join’s Smitty’s Kid’s Club, the child receives a coupon for a free kids’ meal and will also receive one for each birthday until he/she turns 10.
- In Calgary, kids eat free every night after 4 pm; one free kids’ meal with one adult meal.
Of course, a list like this is constantly in flux, so please confirm with the location before you go! Do you know of any other restaurants that would have free kids’ meals? Leave a comment below with the name and we’ll be sure to include it in our list.
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.