Eating out is one of life’s great pleasures, but when you’ve got extra mouths to feed, restaurant meals can get very expensive, very quickly. Thankfully, there are some restaurants in town that offer complimentary kids’ meals on certain days! Here’s our round-up of when and where kids can eat for free (or nearly so) in Calgary.
Please note: This list is only to the best of our knowledge as offers frequently change, so be sure to check ahead to avoid disappointment.
Monday Kids’ Deals
Via Cibo – Mondays
- Kids eat free with the purchase of an adult entree
Costa Vida – Mondays
- Kids eat free with the purchase of an adult meal
Tuesday Kids’ Deals
Denny’s – Tuesdays from 4 – 10 pm
- For every one adult entree ordered from the general menu, up to two kids under 10 can eat free from the Kids’ Menu free.
East Side Mario’s – free meals with membership in kids’ club
- Kids 12 and under can join the Mini Mario Club to receive special offers by email and snail mail, including free kids’ meals. After signing up online, you’ll receive a membership card with 5 FREE Kids Eat Big meals and 5 FREE Chillers.
Montana’s Cookhouse – Tuesdays
- Famous for their tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs, Montana’s is also a fantastic restaurant for families. Kids love colouring on the paper-lined tables, the fun decor, and the kid-friendly food choices. On Tuesdays kids 12 and under can eat for $2. One child meal per adult meal (entree valued at $9.99 or more).
The Park Kitchen & Bar – Tuesdays
- This cool and modern restaurant in Quarry Park offers $5 meals for kids on Tuesdays. Kids must be under 12 to take advantage of this deal.
Ripe Tomato Pizza – Tuesday evenings
- Kids eat free Tuesday evenings at all 4 Calgary Ripe Tomato locations!
SEN Vietnamese Kitchen – Tuesdays
- Kids eat free on Tuesdays at SEN Vietnamese Kitchen!
Wednesday Kids’ Deals
Applebees Grill & Bar – Wednesday evenings after 5 pm
- Kids eat for $1.99 Wednesday nights after 5 pm, with the purchase of an adult entrée.
Thursday Kids’ Deals
IHOP – Thursdays from 4 – 10 pm
- Kids eat free from 4 – 10 pm. Get one free kids’ entree with each adult entree.
Friday Kids’ Deals
Humpty’s – Fridays from 5 – 9 pm
- Children 10 and under – one child meal per adult meal valued at $11 or greater.
Weekend Kids’ Deals
Pacini Calgary South – Saturdays & Sundays
- Kids can eat free at Pacini Calgary South (note: this is only for the south location) all day on Saturdays and Sundays. One kid’s meal per adult entree.
Sunday Kids’ Deals
Ric’s Lounge & Grill – Sundays 10:30 am – 10:30 pm
- From 10:30 am to 10:30 pm on Sundays, one child aged 12 and under can receive a free kids’ meal with each purchase of an adult main course. Also on Sundays, Ric’s offers free heated underground parking.
Salt & Pepper – $3 Sundays
- Kids eat for just $3 on Sundays.
- Kids eat free on Sundays. Spot on also has a Kids’ Club. Sign up and your child received a birthday gift in the mail!
- Kids eat free for $5 on Sundays and they have a kid-friendly menu available on Sundays.
- Mossleigh Bar and Grill (near Aspen Crossing) offers kids 10 and under eat free after 2 pm with the purchase of an adult entree.
Everyday Kids’ Deals
IKEA – deals vary by day
- While IKEA no longer has a ‘Kids Eat Free’ night, even regular priced IKEA meals qualify as reasonably cheap. Kids’ meals are $3.99. Also, Ikea breakfasts are an incredible value. There are kids’ options that cost as little as $1.99.
Boston Pizza – five kids’ meals for five dollars with the kids’ card (select times)
- Once a year (usually in the fall) you can purchase a Kids’ Card for five dollars and then get five kids’ meals out of the deal.
Phil’s Restaurant’s in Calgary – daily
- Kids eight years old and under receive complimentary dollar-size pancakes when dining with their parents.
Ricky’s – free meal when you join the birthday club
- Kids can join the Ricky’s Birthday Club and get a mailed coupon for a free kids’ meal emailed just before their birthday.
Smitty’s – free meal; days vary by location
- In Calgary, kids can eat free (one free kids’ meal with one adult meal) but days and locations vary, so contact your location for specifics.
Pomeroy Kananaskis – free meal for kids six and under
- So the Pomeroy Kananaskis Lodge isn’t in Calgary, but if you’re in the mountains, kids six and under eat free at the Lodge.
Of course, a list like this is constantly in flux, so please confirm with the location before you go! Do you know of any other restaurants that would have free kids’ meals? Leave a comment below with the name or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be sure to include it in our list.