Lougheed House, also known as Beaulieu, is a grand sandstone prairie mansion built in 1891 and served as home to Senator James Alexander Lougheed, Lady Isabella Hardisty Lougheed, their six children and staff. Their house was a political and social hub of this young and fast-growing prairie center and received many renowned visitors. In later years it served as a training centre during the war and as the Red Cross blood donor clinic.
Today, Lougheed House is a museum with lovely gardens and a cafe, open to the public as a fine example of prairie sandstone architecture. The museum also hosts periodic special exhibits.
Lougheed House Contact Details:
Address: 707 – 13 Avenue SW, Calgary AB
Telephone: (403) 244-6333