A visit to the Taves Family Farm (also affectionately known as Applebarn) is an absolute must-do Fall activity for our family. We’ve been visiting since our boys were small, and now, even as they are knocking on the door of teenagehood, a visit to the expansive fields in Abbotsford is still a treasured family outing.
Over the years the activities available at the Taves Family Farm have expanded. Purchase your Farm Passes online, and if you purchase in advance you can save money.
- Access to the pumpkin patch and apple orchard (containers/bags extra cost to be purchased on-site)
- New Farmville area with animal hutches, peddle karts and playground
- Petting barn with animal viewing and goat petting pens
- Slides & trikes upper barn area
- Track line for little ones in the upper barn
- TWO pillows on weekends and ONE on weekdays
- Please note there is no access to the new Mystery Corn Maze or hayride with the Fun Pass
- Passes must be purchased for anyone ages 3 years and up
- Parking available from 10am-12:30, 12:30pm-3pm; 3pm – 5:30pm
Super Fun Pass:
- Access to everything listed above for the Fun Pass
- Hayride around the farm
- Admission to the new, larger Mystery Corn Maze
- Extended parking available from 9:30am – 1:30pm or 1:30pm – 5:30pm
Super Fun Seasons Pass:
- Come ANY day of the week and receive FREE parking
- Access to all the benefits and privileges of the Super Fun Pass
- It’s worth noting that after your second visit, you’ve paid for your pass.
The Taves Family has owned farming land in the Fraser Valley since the 1930s. Loren Taves, his wife Corinne, and their children run the incredibly popular multi-crop farm in Abbotsford. From late summer to mid-Fall, the Taves Family Farm is a beloved autumnal adventure for many Metro Vancouver families. The Taves family harvests everything from apples to heirloom tomatoes to pumpkins.
Our family loves wandering the orchard and picking our own wheelbarrow load of apples. In fact, it has become a tradition for our family to pick apples during the first week back to school; we love homemade apple sauce. In October, head to the Taves Family Farm Pumpkin Patch for a massive variety of seasonal gourds. From small Cinderella and sugar pumpkins to heirloom pumpkins in blues, pinks, and whites, you are guaranteed to find the perfect pumpkin. And never fear, if you want a basic orange pumpkin – the coveted carving pumpkin for Halloween – their patch is packed full of those beauties!
To ensure you have a successful visit during COVID-19, please read the protocols in place at Taves Family Farm BEFORE heading out for a visit. A few highlights:
- masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces
- hand sanitize before entering the U-pick areas or using the pedal carts
- guest entry will be staggered in the corn maze to keep capacity limits down; one-way traffic flow is in place
- access to the pumpkin patch will be controlled by staff to ensure sufficient space for social distancing
- please do not visit the farm if you have experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone who may have COVID
Taves Family Farm:
Address: 333 Gladwin Road, Abbotsford