TELUS Spark is inviting all inquiring minds to Spark Science from Home! Here you can find hope through curiosity, experimentation, problem-solving, community … and, of course, play! Find DIY experiments, online challenges, science education content, and content from STEAM community leaders. When life gives you lemons, make a lemon battery!
Missed a live session and want to catch up? Find them all on Spark’s YouTube channel HERE.
Need to keep busy? Try this experiment:
Recycled Bubble Blower:
Turn trash to treasure! Re-purpose some common blue bin recycling items around the house and upcycle them.
Supplies: Empty plastic bottle, rubber band, small towel or produce mesh bag, scissors, dish soap, water
- Cut the bottom half off the plastic bottle
- Cover the bottom opening with the towel/mesh and seal in place with an elastic band
- Create a bubble solution with dish soap and water
- Dip the fabric into the solution and BLOW!
- Blow slowly for the longest bubble snake
Check it all out HERE.
Missed a Facebook live session? Catch them all on Spark’s YouTube Channel.
TELUS Spark Science From Home:
Looking for more tips on how to keep your kids occupied during the COVID-19 crisis? Find our best ideas, activities and inspiration here!