Why is the Calgary Stampede so great for kids? You’ve got your midway rides and games, the rodeo and chuckwagons, the Grandstand Show and nightly fireworks, any type of carnival food your heart desires (including some new treats every year) and animals galore! What else could a kid want? During the 10 days of Stampede, there are also many performances, entertainers and exhibits that kids of all ages will enjoy.
Here are some possible Stampede highlights for your family:
- Enjoy the Freestyle Motorcross and see high-flying flips and tricks – amazing gravity-defying stunts.
- Perennial Stampede favourites include things like the Superdogs, Weadickville, kids’ characters, and other great activities
- There are some great performers you can watch free with your admission on the Coca-Cola Stage.
- This has not been confirmed for 2022 Looking for some time away from the midway? In the BMO Kids’ Zone, Buckaroos is great for an indoor break. It is an area set aside suitable for kids under 12 years old. They can enjoy activities such as face painting, Plasma Cars and Speed Stacks. Or bounce on a giant inflatable play structure and play in the huge multilevel playground.
- Head to the Dog Bowl and catch the Canine Athletes as they entertain crowds with agility and high-flying stunts.
- Visit the Elbow River Camp and experience the traditions and culture of the First Nations with tipis, entertainment, and local artisans
- Check out the Powwow Competition, for a new celebration of culture and a gathering of community
Calgary Stampede Special Days & Events:
Our Stampede Parade page has information and links! The parade takes place on July 8, 2022.
If you just can’t get enough flapjacks, our Stampede Breakfasts page has information on where to find lots of them throughout Stampede Week!
Our Stampede Deals page covers the various ways you can save a few dollars on your visit to the Calgary Stampede, including special value days at the park.
Looking for more Stampede information? Find it here.