There’s no denying that family adventures can be EXPENSIVE. But, believe it or not, there are a number of FREE family events & activities happening all over Metro Vancouver this summer. Here are our top 25 suggestions! (And if we’ve missed your favourite FREE summer event, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. On the 2nd Saturday of each month take the kids to the FREE Home Depot construction build.
2. Enjoy a meal at any of the restaurants on our Kids Eat Free list.
3. Play at the beach…we have so many to pick from!
4. Take in an outdoor concert.
5. Pack a picnic and explore one of Metro Vancouver’s regional parks.
6. Burn off some of that crazy-kid-energy and explore a new playground
7. Visit a farmer’s market. Go to one in your own community or check out one a little further afield.
8. Give geo-caching a try.
11. The outdoor pools in Surrey are FREE all summer long.
12. Enjoy watching a movie under the stars. FREE outdoor movies are happening all across Metro Vancouver while the weather is warm.
13. Cool off at a splash park. Don’t forget the sunscreen.
14. The Circle Farm tours are a great way to learn about agricultural treasures in your back yard. The Circle Farm tours exist for: Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Langley, Agassiz/Harrison Mills, and Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows
15. Kids Bowl Free every day throughout the summer. All you have to do is sign up the kids.
16. Complete this list of 7 kid-friendly hikes.
17. Newton Days offer family-friendly activities all summer long! Enjoy a farmers’ market, kid-fun zone, face-painting, food trucks, henna, and Science World demonstrations on July 7, 14, 21 & 28.
18. Don’t miss the completely FREE Boundary Bay Airshow on July 21.
19. Brave the crowds, carve out your own spot and enjoy the Celebration of Light fireworks shows on July 28, August 1 & August 4.
20. Grab a FREE 7-Eleven Slurpee on July 11th.
21. Check out the 46th annual Tsawwassen Sun Festival. Enjoy a ball tournament, great food, fireworks, an antique fair, a skateboard competition, a parade, an international market, a petting zoo, a children’s festival, a bike show and more!
22. Krause’ Berry’s Farm Fresh Fun Field is FREE on August 19th.
23. Did you know there are a number of ways to visit the PNE for FREE or super cheap this year?
24. Country Fest has been celebrated in Maple Ridge for more than 100 years! The FREE entertainment; crazy lawnmower races; animal exhibitions of all sorts…the list of activities and entertainment goes on!
25. Come kick some tires at the Langley Good Times Cruise In on September 8th.
Bonus idea: Keep checking out Family Fun Vancouver’s Cheapies & Freebies page. We regularly update it with new budget-friendly events.
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.